Intermittent RA not moving after repeated plate solves

Hi have had v3.2.0.613 working okay for some time now and plate solving process seems to be becoming erratic. It seems to solve most of the time but then sometimes not move the RA even after repeated solves it kept RA pretty consistently ~3000px from accurate. I eventually found that if i moved the hand controller RA i could sometimes get it to Solve and then off went to sequence as normal, until it changed targets and then crapped out again. Rebooting Laptop and then mount it fixed it for the first target, then crapped out again with very similar symptoms on the next target. Sometimes the RA went the wrong way e.g. from 3000 to 5500, then solved, mostly it just repeated at around 3000
Log link below

First solve attempt at 02:27:03.582
Any ideas would be appreciated. This issue is literally keeping me up nights! :slight_smile:

What mount and driver are you using? I have this issue with eq mod if I have the sync settings at 3 point. If I set it to nearest point and dialog based it works. Basically you don’t want it building the pointing model as it will stop working properly

This is just my experience with eq mod though.

Mike

SGP is certainly attempting to slew your scope to the location but it doesn’t always seem to be moving. If you are using EQMOD there are some settings you need to be aware of:

https://help.sequencegeneratorpro.com/UsingEQMODwithSGPro.html

Jared

Not using EQMOD yet, but it does look interesting. I am just guiding via SGP/laptop via the actual hand controller to a Skywatcher NEQ6, but have been for well over a year without this issue. I updated ASCOM drivers after having other crash issues ~3 weeks ago so maybe that has changed something? I guess there is a possibility that my comms cable has gone intermittent but will test that when i am back on site by slewing from the laptop instead of the handpiece, but other than that i am stumped. In desperation the other night i used the hand controller to slew to the target i was trying to solve, but before it solved, it slewed away from that location back to the ~3000 point again. However i think that is normal behavior?

Should i be changing the Sync Behavior on the Control panel/telescope from Sync to something else?

Update: last nights session mostly worked okay but the fault repeated itself again after Meridian flip. no cable snags found and RA was able to be moved from the PC, so comms to mount appeared okay. Replaced serial cable anyway, and reboot of SGP failed again, reboot of mount appeared to fix it until the next target. was able to adjust RA during platesolve process and managed to fluke centralising the target and it solved and sequence continued. next target worked without a hitch. Later during platesolve the mount decided to stop tracking, so the blurred image wouldnt solve. reboot of mount required again. I will update ASCOM driver again and try again tonight. any other hints/ideas would be most welcome