Is local astrometry.net still usable as a blind solve failover?

The last couple sessions a warning box has popped up on start up, saying that “the astrometry.net server you have specified (http://127.0.0.1:8080/api) cannnot be reached and will not be used.” Any idea what I need to do to fix it? I’m not sure what changed, but it’s been running fine as a blind solve failover to PS2 for several years.

Kevin

If you put this link into a browser ( ansvr config) does it respond ? if not, then the local server isn’t running so you need to re-start it (one of the links in the start menu)

Thanks Doc! It didn’t respond, and unfortunately even when I run Start ANSVR from the start menu it still doesn’t respond, and SGP still gives me the same error message. Rebooted and restarted SGP and ANSVR, but same result. Any idea what the problem is?

Kevin

try re-installing in case the cygwin installation has got screwed

I think that was it, since the warning box no longer pops up at sequence start. But I notice that SGP won’t blind solve an image. When I load an image, rt-click and select blind solve, after about ten seconds I get a failure notice. Should that concern me? Thanks for the help. It’s been years since I’ve even thought about ANSVR.

Kevin

Are the index files downloaded ??

I didn’t re-download them. I was figuring the originals would still be there. Do I need to reload them?

run the index downloader to ensure the system knows where they are…

It’s playing up for me too, I hit settings and won’t connect at all to 127.0.0.1

That was it. It’s working fine now. Thanks for the help, Dr. J.

Karlos, have you had ANSVR working before now?

I have had it working previously.

Just worked it out, I have it working now. It was what you had written before astrovienna, I ran Start ANSVR and off it went. Thank you