Issues with a Dual Instance of SGP

Setting up a dual imaging rig with a Master/Slave scenario on the same Eagle PC. All equipment connects just fine. I can start the Master sequence with no issues but when I try to start the slave it just sits there with a message " Waiting for equipment and sequence validation". When the Master sequence is complete then the slave will start and run fine. I can not get them to run at the same time! Any suggestions?

Master equipment is ZWO 1600/ZWO EFW1/Sensto Senso Focuser/CEM120 Mount
Slave Equipment is Atik 460EX/ZWO EFW2/MicroTouch Focuser/No Telescope

SGP Version 3.1.0.519

Thanks
Bob

We’d need logs from each run to look. If you remove the filter wheel from the “master” does that allow the slave to run in parallel? Seems likely since the ZWO driver would be shared between them.

Jared

Thanks Jared. I will try removing the FW from the Master as you suggest. I was leaning towards a ZWO driver issue myself. Even though it say EFW1 and EFW2, I can not see how it is ID-ing them. In the driver you can select ID1 or ID 0 but it does not stay that way when I set it up in Equipment profile Manager. When I open the new instance of SGP for the Slave, I have to manually set the FW to ID 1 again. Using frame and focus there are no issues. I can change filters on both wheels just fine. It is only when I start the 2 sequences. I will get the logs tomorrow and upload them. Actually I will start a fresh log tomorrow and upload that.

Thanks
Bob

Hi Jared,
I have tried every combination with the filter wheel. I have removed it from the Master, Slave, and both and still the issue persists. I am getting a Windows error message when I launch the Slave session. See attached! Logs from both sessions attached.
Thank You
Bob

Launch Slave Message|800x479

Master Log

Slave Log

That’s not an error message. That is asking you if SGP can run the following command to open up a port for its API. If you have 2 instances of SGP running though it probably won’t be able to open the port…which is also fine.

Jared

Hi Jared,
Did you have any chance to look at the logs and if so do you see anything?
Just as an FYI I loaded NINA and it works like a champ. Also the synchronized dither worked flawlessly. Now I would rather use SGP as I have been doing so for 5 years now but if there is no solution here I guess I have no choice. I just invested a hefty sum of money to build this dual rig. The one part of the build that I never gave any consideration to was SGP as in 5 years I have never had any real issues that weren’t user error.

Thanks
Bob

Hi Jared,
Just a follow up to my dual instance issue. I have found that if I just wait on the second instance for 100 seconds it starts the second sequence just fine. Any idea why this may be occurring? The whole time it is waiting it continues to have a warning" validating equipment and connections". Also will there dual imaging with dithering in the new version? If so I will upgrade. If not I see no reason to as the current version does everything I need it do.

Thanks
Bob