Leo Triplets

Something that is not high in the sky for me and I have struggled to get good data. Not quite 6 hours all up and did not get the tidal trail even though it is reasonably dark here.

Details with image. Thanks for looking.

Cheers and clears. :grinning:!

8 Likes

They are beautiful. So delicate. Can we have more details please?

Hi Buzz, sorry, I thought the image would link to the gallery.

Try this.

Image and Details

All the best.

Beautiful image Graham. I noticed your post on the Summary email sent out by Main Sequence. One suggestion is getting a bit more data. 5 hours is great, but you might consider 3 or 4 times that number and see what happens. It is tough when our target is low in the sky and not up for long however. How high does it get? It looks like you are at an image scale of 1.2 px/as, which is kind of at the sweet spot. However, you might try a couple of images binned 2x2 and just see what your result looks like. Lastly, try stretching your L master now and see if any of the star stream will show up with NGC 3628. If so, you will likely see it showing up with less stretching with more data. Good luck! Your image already looks great, but that star stream is out there and about 3x’s the diameter of the galaxy! Thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks, kvwood for your kind comments.

I realise that more data would be beneficial however after waiting 4 months to get anything and the weather closing in for winter I will take what I can get.

And, as always, I am collecting more data every chance I get. I am now up to 5.5 hours luminance only. I am adding another hour of each colour as well.

As for the tidal tail, it is not showing up that easy even in the amount of luminance data I have collected and I have changed to 15 minutes L exposures.

We will see where this road takes us.

:grinning: