Lesvedome Switches Problem

Since my new Observatory install I can’t use the Switches. They are showing as Equipment and I set them to “0” at the end of Sequence. Last night I pulled the logfile to illustrate:

[06/30/22 02:49:38.795][DEBUG][TEC Thread][NONE] Switches: Set state for sequence end…
[06/30/22 02:49:38.802][DEBUG][TEC Thread][NONE] TryGetSwitchObjectsForSwitchId => failed to find switch objects for ID LesveDomeNet Switch-4, attempting to procure partial match…
[06/30/22 02:49:38.803][DEBUG][TEC Thread][NONE] TryGetSwitchObjectsForSwitchId => found system switch device match on ID LesveDomeNet Switch-4, but could not find a matching child switch…
[06/30/22 02:49:38.803][DEBUG][TEC Thread][NONE] SwitchStateEventUsesTheseSwitchDevices => could not find switch for ID LesveDomeNet Switch-4
[06/30/22 02:49:38.804][DEBUG][TEC Thread][NONE] TryGetSwitchObjectsForSwitchId => failed to find switch objects for ID LesveDomeNet Switch-5, attempting to procure partial match…
[06/30/22 02:49:38.804][DEBUG][TEC Thread][NONE] TryGetSwitchObjectsForSwitchId => found system switch device match on ID LesveDomeNet Switch-5, but could not find a matching child switch…
[06/30/22 02:49:38.804][DEBUG][TEC Thread][NONE] SwitchStateEventUsesTheseSwitchDevices => could not find switch for ID LesveDomeNet Switch-5
[06/30/22 02:49:38.804][DEBUG][TEC Thread][NONE] TryGetSwitchObjectsForSwitchId => failed to find switch objects for ID LesveDomeNet Switch-6, attempting to procure partial match…
[06/30/22 02:49:38.804][DEBUG][TEC Thread][NONE] TryGetSwitchObjectsForSwitchId => found system switch device match on ID LesveDomeNet Switch-6, but could not find a matching child switch…
[06/30/22 02:49:38.804][DEBUG][TEC Thread][NONE] SwitchStateEventUsesTheseSwitchDevices => could not find switch for ID LesveDomeNet Switch-6
[06/30/22 02:49:38.807][DEBUG][TEC Thread][NONE] SGM_CHANGE_COOLER_TEMP complete…
Any idea what should be done?
Thanks!
Ian

Please go ahead and submit full logs. We look at many different aspects of a decision.

Ken:
There’s no way to attach a file and the log is too long to be pasted here. How do you want me to send it to you?
Ian

Please see the link I sent above.

Tried that twice. I’m getting this message: “Could not process support Request. Server failed to create new topic (code 2)”.

You’ll need to link the Ian_G forum user to your SGPro web account. Login to the website FIRST and then navigate here:

https://www.sequencegeneratorpro.com/how-to-get-access-to-premium-support/

In the text field in step 3 enter Ian_G and click the Link Accounts button. If it’s already there, please click the Link Accounts button again. The problem is that this user is not in the required forum group. When the user is in the correct groups, you’ll see a little star icon on your avatar like this:

Refresh this page in the browser and see if your avatar has picked up the star icon. If it has, go ahead and re-attempt the process to submit the logs.

Not sure what is going on. Followed all the steps. The Avatar got the star, in SGP it says: Premium Support: yes (Ian_G). And still I’m getting the same message there: “Could not process support Request. Server failed to create new topic (code 2)”. And I can’t post .txt file here as it asks for image formats (jpeg and such).

Ok… sorry, I’ll need to take a look. In the meantime, you can post the logs to a free file share like Dropbox or send to support@mainsequencesoftware.com. If you use email, please update here so I know to look for it.

I used the support email to send the logfile.

Thank you.

Thx. I go tthem. Have, you, at any time since creating this sequence (or the profile that was used to create this sequence) changed the name of the switches? For instance, did there used to be a switch named Switch-4 that you assigned a more specific name to?

Ken:
No, I haven’t changed the names for a while, just when the switches were discovered by SGP via ASCOM, they were transferred automatically.
Ian

Ok, thx. Second question is: do you actually have a switch named Switch-4? If not, did you ever have a switch named Switch-4?

The switches I use and/or named by me are: ScopePower, Unused, Roof Bypass, Main Camera, Accessories, Dew Control, Reserved, AllSky DewControl.
There are default switches: D_O_6,7 and 8, D_I_1-5 and A_O_1,2 and A_I_1,2. Those I never touched.

I am honestly not sure what is happening here… it’s like SGPro thinks the name of your switch is maybe some internal name? I will need to provide a version of SGPro with better logging here. A few questions to help me better understand where to add logging:

• The way you worded the original support request makes me think your switches may have been functioning properly before now (in the “old observatory”)? If so, what version of SGPro was that?
  • Was the sequence or equipment profile you are using created with the “old observatory”?
  • Can SGPro control the current state of the switches in the Control Panel? I’m not sure if it’s just the sequence start or end date that is failing or if “everything” is failing.
  • When you start running this sequence, do you get any warnings about “ophaned” switches or anything similar?

Also… can you take a screenshot of the Switches tab on the Control Panel?

Ken:
Here it is:

• The way you worded the original support request makes me think your switches may have been functioning properly before now (in the “old observatory”)? If so, what version of SGPro was that? I used to have a different PC in which switches operated properly. I hadn’t changed anything in Lesvedome since then. I believe that one had a ver. 4.0.0.643.

• Was the sequence or equipment profile you are using created with the “old observatory”? No, these are new Sequences.

• Can SGPro control the current state of the switches in the Control Panel? I’m not sure if it’s just the sequence start or end date that is failing or if “everything” is failing. I don’t think SGP can control switches at all. Not even sure how can I manually control Switches. I know I can program switches state for the beginning and the end of the run.

• When you start running this sequence, do you get any warnings about “ophaned” switches or anything similar? No warnings about switches at all.
    See my screenshots attached.

Thank you!

Ken:

Here it is:

• The way you worded the original support request makes me think your switches may have been functioning properly before now (in the “old observatory”)? If so, what version of SGPro was that? I used to have a different PC in which switches operated properly. I hadn’t changed anything in Lesvedome since then. I believe that one had a ver. 4.0.0.643.

• Was the sequence or equipment profile you are using created with the “old observatory”? No, these are new Sequences.

• Can SGPro control the current state of the switches in the Control Panel? I’m not sure if it’s just the sequence start or end date that is failing or if “everything” is failing. I don’t think SGP can control switches at all. Not even sure how can I manually control Switches. I know I can program switches state for the beginning and the end of the run.

• When you start running this sequence, do you get any warnings about “ophaned” switches or anything similar? No warnings about switches at all.

See my screenshots attached.

Thank you!

You can just click on the value of the switch. When you do this, it will turn into a drop down control where you can select the current value for that switch.

Please let me know…

The switches work fine by changing the state in SGP as you described. I tried a few other things here. The switches Nos. 4, 5, and 6 are the ones I’m trying to turn off at the End of Sequence (at least that’s their numerical values in the switches settings in Lesvedome). Also, the Disconnect (green) button doesn’t work - if I press it nothing happens.
Another strange thing - I created a new Sequence. Green/connected button is there but I can’t expand it either, no arrow down. So, something isn’t right here.

And now I’ve lost control over switches on my active Sequence (not just on newly created one).