Licensing and Remote Desk Top

This problem may not be for SGP.

I recently have decided to place a mini comp on my scope for remote control through Microsoft`s Remote Desk Top app. I had a very difficult time connectiong because pof credential errors with my MS account, so I created a local user account on the lap top and mini computer (both are Windows 10 Pro) .

I was able to connect with the local user accounts, but I found SGP was unlicensed and 45 day trial when I opened it through the remote connection. So, I opened up my equipment manager and all of my settings were gone.

It appears as though SGP is assuming the remote connection is a new user. Has this happened to anyone else, or is there anyone here who has advice on remote controlling their set up?

I have used Team Viewer before, but it requires a different password every new connection. That would defeat the purpose of having a computer on the mount, because I would have to have a monitor to see the new password.

You will need to copy the files from “C:\Users\YOUR_MS_ACCOUNT\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator” to “C:\Users\Your_New_USERNAME\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator” also depending on your version, there may be files in ‘AppData\Roaming’

1 Like

Thank you Dr!,

I will try that right now.

Yep Dr juju, that worked marvelously.

Also, I think I learned something that will help me in the future in avoiding similar problems.

Thanks again.

I have used Anydesk for a while as an alternative after using Teamviewer , its very responsive. No issues with it at all !

1 Like

Also selecting “Connect to console session” OR “connect to an admin session” would resolve the issue. This will connect to your local session through RDP.

1 Like