Location data not copying to a new target

Description

When I create a new target in the sequence window, and then choose “Copy target settings and events to” this target from another target, it doesn’t copy the location data–it’s all zeroes in the new target. Am I missing something?

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.422
.NET: 4.8

There a few pieces of data that almost ALWAYS vary between targets. Location is one of them. What is the use case for creating a new target with the same location (as opposed to just adding additional events to the one you copied it from)? If it’s something we didn’t consider, we can add an option to do this to the 4.0 list.

@Ken

Found this in a search this morning before posting a “My location didn’t copy!” thread. :slight_smile: Figured I’d bring this one back up instead of a new thread.

Useful Info

Ver: 4.0.0.639
.NET: 4.8.04084

What is the use case for creating a new target with the same location (as opposed to just adding additional events to the one you copied it from)

I’m shooting a target right now where I want frames of several different exposure lengths. I want to complete all of the longest exposure frames first, BEFORE shooting ANY of the shorter exposure frames, but also wish to rotate through events, moving from filter to filter.

There is no way to have both, unless I create 2 targets : 1 for the longer frames, another for the shorter frames.

Perhaps an additional context menu : “Copy target settings and events with location”, or maybe just “Copy target location to” option?

Or, honestly, copying the RA/Dec from one to another is a simple and easy task for the user, but I suspect I’m not the only one who didn’t know I had to, presuming “Settings” included location. :slight_smile: Maybe just leave it as is but perhaps make the context menu more clear that it does not copy location?