Meridian flip - dome sync

SGP is no longer able to send the dome to its correct position after a meridian flip or manually switching from vest to east or east to vest. It misses with approx 30 deg from the opening center. Normal slew/go to is working fine and is spot on.
I’m using Lesve dome driver.
This issue also causes the plate solve to fail after meridian flips as the scope is looking straight into the dome wall.
I don’t recall having any such issues previous season. This season it has not worked correctly once.

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.2.0.613
.NET: 4.8

Last night I went just west of the meridian to do a guide calibration. For som reason the dome turned east while the scope turned west as expected. Again, when they both stopped, the dome was off by about 30 degrees too far east.
I said in the original report that non automatic slews worked fine, but this noe did not.
This was the very first thing I did last night around 19 - 19.30.

Link to Logs

Approx time of issue: 16.10.2020 19:15

Useful Info

Ver: 3.2.0.613
.NET: 4.8

I’ll assume that you have your dome geometry settings worked out. I’m using the LesveDome with a 6’ Home Dome, so slit positioning it important due to the smaller shutter width. What I have found to work excellent is:
1- After power up, select ‘Home’ in the SGP Observatory panel
2- After the dome stops at home, I record the value reported by SGP.
3- Then in SGP select ‘Sync’ and enter the value reported in step 2

My dome slit stays in sync with SGP on both sides of the meridian.
Now…if you select a different target profile during the night, I found I have to note the current dome position reported in SGP in the current profile and after loading the new target profile, perform enter the manual ‘sync’ in step 3 to maintain dome alignment otherwise the dome is off by a few degrees relative to the OTA. I’m not sure of the root cause, but the work around is routine to me now.

Let us know how it works!
Mike

Mike, thanks for your reply.
I have not changed the dome settings in a couple of years now so unless there is a ghost rattling its chains in my driver, settings should be OK. :slight_smile:
I always park dome and scope in home position which is due north. And asimut is never more than a degree off at startup. But I’ll still give your solution a try when I have the opportunity. (Rain is forecasted for this coming week).
I can change target as much as I like as long as I stay on the same side of the meridian. Scope and dome is synced spot on. But shit happens when I change to the other side of the meridian or do a meridian flip. As I said, it has worked OK before so I simply don’t get it.
I’ll keep you posted.

Helge