Meridian Flip Failure with new 10Micron ASCOM Driver

So, I have installed ASCOM 6.5SP1. I installed the new 10Micron ASCOM driver 1.6 that supports side of pier two days ago.

Since then, automated meridian flips in SGP fail systematically. They had worked flawlessly before. SGP reports the following when it tries to do the flip from west to east, essentially saying that the mount reports that it is already on the east side.

Any thoughts? In the mean time, I will revert to the prior ASCOM driver.

This may be a 10Micron driver issue, an I have asked about it on their forums, but thought I would check here, too.

[12/06/20 19:50:59.208][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Sending Notification: Status - Running automatic pier flip…
[12/06/20 19:50:59.268][DEBUG][Pier Flip Thread][SQ;MF;] Meridian Flip: Starting Meridian Flip Procedure
[12/06/20 19:50:59.271][DEBUG][Pier Flip Thread][SQ;MF;] Meridian Flip: Skipping Solve
[12/06/20 19:50:59.272][DEBUG][Pier Flip Thread][SQ;MF;] Meridian Flip: Stopping the Auto Guider
[12/06/20 19:50:59.273][DEBUG][Pier Flip Thread][SQ;MF;] Meridian Flip: Sending Telescope command to execute meridian flip
[12/06/20 19:50:59.668][DEBUG][Telescope Thread][SQ;MF;] ASCOM Telescope: Pier side is West
[12/06/20 19:50:59.668][DEBUG][Telescope Thread][SQ;MF;] ASCOM Telescope: attempting pier flip using sideOfPier
[12/06/20 19:51:00.851][DEBUG][Telescope Thread][SQ;MF;] Setting Pier East
[12/06/20 19:51:01.088][DEBUG][Telescope Thread][SQ;MF;] Pier Flip failed when using side of pier: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Can’t flip mount here
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
at System.Type.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture)
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type[] parameterTypes, Object[] parms) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 330
[12/06/20 19:51:31.914][DEBUG][Telescope Thread][SQ;MF;] ASCOM Telescope: Failed to flip because starting pier side and ending pier side are the same!

As an update, I reverted the 10Micron mount ASCOM driver to the prior version (1.5) and Meridian flips now work flawlessly.

Hi,
I’m suffering exactly the same problem. The meridian flip works at the start of the evening but fails later with the side of pier message.

There must be something wrong in your settings, i run 10 Micron Ascom driver 1.6.0.0 with Ascom 6.5 SP1 without problems in a remote setup, it has worked flawlessly for many nights now.