Meridian Flip issues with SGP pro 4.3.01080 64-bit

I installed SGP 4.3.0.1080 64-bit. I am having problems with the Meridian Flip.
I have been using SG for years and have never had any problems with the Meridian flip.
Problem: My HEQ5 does the meridian flip plate solves the image and takes my first frame.
after the 1st image is downloaded I get an error message.“Failed to complete Meridan flip.
The telescope must be pointed across the Meridian to pier flip.” The sequence is aborted and the telescope is returned to the park position. Not sure how to correct this problem. I’ve been using the 64-bit system with no problems
I went back to my 32-bit version 4-2-0907 and the flip performed flawlessly.
Any ideas out there.

Hi @Frankconte1
I have this same problem also, with 4.3. The developers are aware and are looking into it. However it is either proving more difficult than anticipated to resolve or the devs are getting distracted by autoflat etc issues. Also, it appears that not everyone is affected by this (I was suspicious that the quirky ASCOM driver for my Paramount might be the culprit, but I see you are using a different mount).

It might be helpful to the devs if you posted a log from when you encountered the issue. Using the in-program “Help-Report a Problem” works best for this.

Looks like I will need to revert to a 4.2 version because if clear skies ever come back for me ( :grimacing:), I don’t want to be stuck imaging in only half the sky :=)

DaveNL

It is this that is delaying things. I’m not seeing the behavior on my mounts or through the sim and that always makes tracking things down a little more difficult.

We added in handling for below the pole meridian flips so it’s definitely in that logic that is causing the issue.

Jared

Thanks @Jared for the update.

By my count there are at least 5 of us (out of ~ 100 downloads of the beta) that are having this problem. Is there any additional info we can provide to help identify the commonality? Perhaps details on our equipment/config/setup?

I don’t mind doing some additional testing if you could point me in a certain direction to test.

I would encourage anyone else who is experiencing this or similar problem to post about it, including a log.

Cheers,
Dave

This has been addressed and will be out shortly (in about 30 minutes).

Jared

2 Likes

Hey @Jared,
Had a brief clear spell last night and tried testing this (M101 was past meridian). Happy to report that the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks for chasing the bug down.

Will try testing more if I ever get clear skies again (does not look good :grimacing:)

Dave

I’ve been away the last 3 weeks plus with the smoke here unable to do any imaging. Has the meridian flip
been resolved?

Yes it has.

Jared