Meridian flip requirement

Hello,

I would like to set a limit relative to the meridian.
I would like set the sequence to pause x minutes prior to reaching the meridian and resume x minutes past the meridian. As an example, I might want to set it to pause 2 minutes prior, and resume 2 minutes after transit.
Can this be added? Or if it already can be done, please advise how.
I do know you can tell a sequence WHEN to flip in Meridian Flip Options.
But I don’t want my mount to have to cross the meridian from either side while tracking and that option doesn’t address this.
Many thanks,
Malcolm

1 Like

SGPro does not currently do what you’re asking for, but now is a good time to ask as we gather features for upcoming releases. Please see here:

SGPro 4.4 Backlog - Our Thoughts and Request for Community Input - Sequence Generator - Main Sequence Software (sequencegeneratorpro.com)

Current options for meridian flips are as follows:

• You may ask SGPro to perform the flip some number of degrees before or after the meridian (not all telescopes support early flips.
  • You may choose an option that will cause SGPro to pause the sequence if the next frame cannot be completed before the meridian (+/- your offset; see first bullet). SGPro will wait and perform the flip exactly on time.
  • If this option is not selected, SGPro will perform the flip after completing the frame in progress.
  • You may choose to pause the sequence and send an alert (to yourself) before a flip begins
  • You may choose to pause the sequence and send an alert (to yourself) after post-flip centering is complete
2 Likes