Meridian flips with EQMod

Just getting my head around the requirements for flips as my mount doesn’t normally need them (Avalon instruments M-uno) but in a few rare instances when using my 107 it does.
So do I need to set the meridian limits in EQMod and then ensure these are matched in SGP control panel in the relevant equipment profile (I.e. the degrees past meridian) or do I just set the degrees in SGP only and if so do I need to check the limits box in EQMod??
Just not sure of how the two programs work together.

Hi Dave,

So do I need to set the meridian limits in EQMod and then ensure these are matched in SGP control panel in the relevant equipment profile (I.e. the degrees past meridian) or do I just set the degrees in SGP only and if so do I need to check the limits box in EQMod??

The meridian limits in EQMod are just that: limits. They are there to protect the equipment. Once EQMod thinks a limit have been reached the tracking stops. The scope will not move past the limit no matter what (well, almost).

On the other side, the degree past meridian in SGP tells SGP when it should think about doing a flip. Normally you will set the SGP “past meridian” closer to the meridian than the EQMode limits. This way, SGP will do the flip before EQMode reaches the limit.

Activate the limits in EQMode but do not activate Auto Meridian Flip. Let SGP do the flip.

Regards,
Horia

Thanks Horia, nicely explained, much appreciated .

Activate the limits in EQMode but do not activate Auto Meridian Flip. Let SGP do the flip.
Is activating the limits a requirement for flips or is it just a recommendation?

1 Like

Activating the limits is not required - but if the flip fails for any reason you want the limits activated.