More advanced time schedules?

So far I have been using SGP 3.1x without any problems and have not upgraded to newer versions because it meets all my needs.

However there is one feature I am looking for and I am not sure if it has been implemented in SGP 4. What I am looking for is to be able to set more detailed time schedules, until now I can shoot target “A” from say 9:00 pm to 4:00 am with no problems.

Since I do mostly narrowband, what I am specifically looking for is to be able to set for example to shoot the same target “A” with Oiii from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm, then at that time the moon rises, so I would like to be able to set that from 11:01 pm to 4:00 am to shoot in Ha. Is that possible in SGP 4?

Thanks,

It’s actually possible in SGPro 3, just not in the way you describe. It’s not ideal, but is possible. Make a target with all of your frames, duplicate the target. On the first target enable o3, disable or delete Ha, on the second target, do the opposite. Set the end times accordingly. We do have items in our backlog that focus on scheduling, but they are not complete in SGPro 4. Specifically around advanced scheduling that would, in this case, present a checkbox that just reads something like “Take Ha frames in some proximity to the moon” alleviating you from having to do the math and coordination by hand.

1 Like