Mount will not center on target

Mount will slew to target but the following error is generated when trying to center the target:

“Auto center failed! Slew to reference failed. Slew failed! CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.DeviceHub.Telescope SlewToCoordinates System.Exception: Unable to start the direct slew!!! (See Inner Exception for details)”

I can manually open ‘ASCOM Device Hub’ and perform a Direct Slew function without any error. I conclude problem is not with ASCOM or the telescope mount. I’m wondering if problem is with SGP version 3? If so, can version 3 be upgraded to version 4 or do I need to purchase version 4?

Thanks for your help.

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.2.0.660
.NET: 4.8

We can’t really say. That error is pretty cryptic and SGPro has no ability to understand. I doubt SGPro 4.1 would make any difference, but I am not sure. You can turn on the ASCOM Trace Logging to see if maybe there is anything interesting there.

Info on trace logs here near middle of page: My equipment is misbehaving...

Yes, SGPro 4 is a paid upgrade. For SGPro 3 users, it is $59 USD / year, but choosing to not subscribe still means that you can use some versions of SGPro 4 for life (whatever was current when the subscription expires).

Thankyou Ken, I’ll try ASCOM Trace Logging.