Move to Target - Guiding Failure after Validation Process

I set up each time I go out and I’m using my Synta (SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro) mount using the ASCOM driver. I have my sequence all prepared (after using the Framing & Mosaic Wizard. Then I select run sequence. The mount slews to the target then after completing the Validation process (which completes successfully - 4 green check marks). SGP then calls on PHD to start a guide routine and then it fails. When this happens, should I try using the Recovery mode in SGP? The other thing is that my targets I’ve been shooting lately are in the +60° range. Can this mess things up as well? Note: I generally have been setting up guiding before I even start SGP. I’ve always had successful guiding. Should I forget doing an “initial” guide set up with PHD and leave it unit SGP requests it after the validation process? Am I making any sense?

You’ll need to be a bit more specific about what the failure is. Including links to the SGP log and PHD2 Debug and Guide logs is the most effective way to give us the information we need to help diagnose a problem.

I will assume that your failure is runaway dec guiding after the meridian flip. If that is the case, there is one setting that is relevant: the “Reverse dec output after meridian flip” option in PHD2. Please see my post in this thread describing how to determine whether you need that option checked or not.

Other than that we’ll need to see the logs to further assist.

Andy