Native driver for Atik Cameras

Dear members of SGpro,

I regret to inform you that I am experiencing connection issues with my ATIK APX60 camera through ASCOM. Since this seems to be an ASCOM-related problem, I wonder why there is no native support for ATIK. For instance, other developers like NiNa have native drivers, and there are no issues. However, I really enjoy using SGPro, and it would be a great disappointment for me to have to switch programs because of this. Have you considered providing native support?

Approx time of issue: 0:00

Useful Info

Ver: 4.2.0.1087 (32-bit)
.NET: 4.8
ASCOM: 6.6.1.3673

Hi Carlos,

My Player One Camera’s ASCOM drivers disconnect, too, with SGP. Sometimes, it is obvious, like when I connect a second camera of the same model, and the first one stops downloading. Other times, it’s insidious…as when one thinks everything is working okay, goes to bed, and finds out the next day a filter wheel did not change filters and stopped the sequence.

The only thing I’ve found that may help is to remove the ATIK drivers, restart the PC, and reinstall/reselect the cameras etc in the SGP Equipment Manager and test.

Others have found changing a USB cable out fixes things.

Maybe the developers of SGP could download the ATIK driver and check if there is some device ID issues that could be resolved through a modification of the program code?

Clear Skies,

Paul