So I DL’d and began to work with this software as my main control program, so far I’ve had a blast, it’s really well done. I have had a lot of issues, but instead of complaining and posting I went through each one methodically each night, 1 problem at a time and all of them I have been able to figure out, from plate solving to auto focusing. So far so good. except for one big issue that is driving me nuts.
My current set up:
Losmandy GM8 gemini 1 (latest ROM) serial com 3
sBig ST-2000XM w/ CF8 attached, using internal guide chip USB connection
Takahashi FSQ-106n w/robo focuser attached (serial com 4).
I have selected the correct CFW in the equipment panel, double and tripled checked it, have all the filters in the correct spots, even disassembled the CFW and had some out of place, fixed that the current order is:
They are set in the filter set up naming list with close focuser numbers applied as well. Checkmarks checked.
They never show up in the filter notice or panel, it always says N/A yet I can see and select them via the pop up menu for filter wheel I can hit the set the wheel moves them, I have verified the correct filters are in place as I select. Display still says N/A.
When shooting sequences the filter wheel moves correctly (I assume) but it doesn’t seem to register filter panel still says N/A. I have tried selecting and running both auto select and the correct CFW8 in the equipment set-up. Double checked the profile is saved and control panel is set correctly too after connecting. The log seems to show the filters as only numerical numbers, though the FITS headers written will have the correct filter color applied to the image header - strange.
Now when autofocus is to occur, it focuses every single frame (huge time waster) or I can select AF via number of frames say every 4 frames (depending on how many frames I set up in the sequence for each filter), it works but not directly after the CFW changes. It is always off by 1 frame so frame one focus shoots then 2, 3 & 4 shoots, then filter wheel changes frame 5 shoots then the auto focus starts leaving the first shot with the new filter to be out of focus (still on the previous filter focus setting). the rest are fine, this continues. The filter is never shown by color or name, always N/A.
I see a similar issue Filter Wheel Problem SBIG but his filterwheel was at least responding to the color selected, and showing up in the filter wheel panel window.
I’ve included my log file and sgp file from my last run. I also sometimes have issues connecting to PHD2 at start up but that is solved by me manually running the guider first. not a big deal, I’ll figure that one out I’m sure it 's me and not the program.
If I can get the filter wheel running correctly then I’m most definitely purchasing SGP. Thanks it’s been a fun test so far, with some incredible software you have created.
Also wanted to let you know I also have PemPro v3 and it runs fine through PHD2 (PP edition and the SGP drivers). Just ran that the other night successfully for several hours on my mount.
Rain has set in this week in Texas so probably not until next week to get out try anything.
Hope I got the correct log I saw two different ones close to the time I was shooting. If it’s not let me know and I’ll get the other one posted as well.
Chriss - still testing SGP!