Nikon Z6 compatibility

I am considering making a changr from The Sky X pro to SGP and wonder if Nikon Z6 is supported by SGP? Also do you have any problem using ZWO ASI 6200 MM or MC or ZWO ASI 2600 MC?

Yes, the Z6 is compatible with SGP. There are some threads about the ASI6200 but it seems like most issues are mitigated by using a 6’ high quality USB cable.

Jared

Thank you Jared for your prompt response. Does the NEF raw files from Nikon Z family camera interpreted or translated to other format using SGP? I am using The Sky X pro in my observatory and for a nomad telescope (Planewave cdk 12.5 sitting on a paramount MX mount with Apogee Aspen CG16M main camera and SBIG STF 8300m autoguider in observatory and my nomad system Takahashi FSQ 106 ED XIII, ioptron IEQ45 with Nikon Z6 main camera and ZWO ASI 290MM mini autoguider). Each time I use the Sky X Pro with the Z6 the image shown in the Fits viewer window is nothing but gibberish. Before purchasing your software I just want to make sure all of the cameras will work with SGP image viewer. I am also considering purchasing either the ZWO ASI6200MM / MC or ZWO ASI2600MC.

Yes, we pull the raw data out of the NEF and can either convert it from NEF to FITs or can leave it as NEF (option is in the Nikon settings).

We have a 45 day trial…just grab that and make sure everything works for you. https://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Releases

Jared

Thank you Jared,

I wonder if you would be interested in participating in an annual event we call “Colloque CCD”.

I am on the board of directors of “la Fédération des Astronomes Amateurs du Québec” (FAAQ) and we have 30 clubs in the province of Québec, Canada, that gather around 2000 members. One of my esteemed colleague on the board is preparing the annual colloquium “Colloque CCD’’. The event has been around for at least 10 years now and around 70 to 80 astrophotographers and enthusiastic astronomers participate each autumn. This year, due to Covid 19, the event is going to be broadcast through a ZOOM meeting and all speakers are invited to make a recorded video or chart presentation lasting between 30 to 45 minutes after which there will be a questions/answer period. In all, each presentation lasts an hour or so.

There is also hold what we call “les conferences du jeudi”, translation would be“ the Thursday conferences”. This format is designed for a more in-depth presentation on a particular topic and can last from 2 to 3 hours in a live conference format also on ZOOM.

Speakers are introduced by a moderator who can help with the translation if necessary.

It would be an honor to have you participate to either or both events. Would you be interested?

Thank you for your prompt response

Martin Desrosiers 819-243-8922 conseiller3@faaq.org or marode1@videotron.ca