No option for an SBIG FW7-STX Filter Wheel

I am commissioning my SBIG 16803 camera which has the FW7-STX Filter Wheel and STX Guider.
When I went to set the camera up it became clear that there was no option for the FW7-STX in the drop down menu. Left with no alternative I selected the FW5-STX. I had hoped that this was a generic set up for the available STX FWs.
However, last night when doing Flats through SGPro, I discovered that I could set the first 5 positions of the Filterwheel, 1) Luminance, 2) Red, 3) Green, 4) Blue and 5) Ha. But when I went to set 6) OIII and 7) SII it didn’t work. I presume the selection of the STX-5 FW option is likely to be the reason I could only select 5 positions…
Am I the only one who has ever used this camera/ filter wheel combination with SGPro?
When I went back into the The SkyX, where there is an option to select the correct filter, I was able to set it to OIII and SII and when I did so and went back to SGPro, it reported the correct filter.
However, when I did the Flats on full power with my light box I got the following times to achieve a 65% of maximum ADU. All except Luminance were taken at full light box power:

1. Luminance…2 secs fully saturated and I needed to wind the rheostat back to get the 40,000 ADU in 2 secs
  2. Red…3 secs
  3. Green…11 secs
  4. Blue…36 secs
  5. Ha…30 secs
  6. OIII…200 secs
  7. SII…23 secs

I was very surprised that the Blue was so long and that RGB filters were so different to each other. I was equally surprised that Ha only required 30 secs when OIII required 200 secs.
I am now concerned that SGPro is not only unable to select OIII and SII but is possibly selecting the wrong filters.

Is there a reason there is no option for the FW7-STX? Or is there a way to connect to it and have it operate correctly that I am unaware of? If there is no option could I ask you to add that in please, as realistically, without it I can’t really use SGPro to manage my image capture and sequencing.

Your sincerely,
Niall MacNeill
Wattle Flat, NSW, Australia

A link to the logfile is here:

From 9:54pm to 10:03pm I took a series of Flats for the red filter (35 in total). I then went on to do a series of tests with each filter, although I generally just took a single image and then read the ADUs from the image statistics

I’ll add those in, but you should just be able to select the “Auto Detect” option and it should find it.

Jared

That worked Jared. Excellent. Thank you.But yes an option to select the actual filter wheel model would be more comfortable for the user.