Pegasus Astro Falcon Rotater not working with SGP

During the centering process, eventually, SGP will timeout waiting for the rotater to make a move. Sometimes the rotater is at the requested position already; other times, not.

The rotater works find in other applications via ascom.

SGP takes way too long to timeout and makes me think its hung and thus I killed it a couple of times to retry.

Aprox time of issue: Eveing of 7-18 multiple attemts and restarts.

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.519
.NET: 4.8

I think it may be triggering a case where we think the move hasn’t completed. I’ve simplified this and it will be out later this week.

Jared

I’ll be watching this thread as I’m looking to invest in a Falcon Rotator for my setup in the not too distant future to use with SGP.

:smiley:

I see .539 is out and looks like skies will be clear enough tonight to test, amazing. It’s been been cool and cloudy in San Diego now for weeks.

Hi!. Is it solved?.
Thanks

Sadly I don’t know as yet. Clouds rolled in the last two nights and I haven’t had a chance to test it. And now the rotator developed some play/slop in its rotation so I’m going to have to pull it off my rig soon to get that resolved.

:scream::scream::scream: I hope it is resolved soon. Thanks for your answer.

I’ve decided to leave it on for one more night and If the astro gods smile upon me, I’ll do a test tonight.

Issue resolved. The hang is definitely gone.

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap::clinking_glasses: I’m glad it works properly.

nightfly,

That’s good news, hows the rotation side of things, have you tried out F & M wizard tests where SGP does a camera rotation followed by a successful plate solve after etc etc

Cheers
Paul

Yes, I created a new target via Frame & Mosaic with a angle to rotate to and it worked out just fine. I use a 0.3 degree tolerance and it solved to 0.1 of rotation error.

excellent thank you for your time

Hope the skies above San Diego stay clear for ya

Paul

Perhaps I spoke too soon. I can’t get SGP and the Falcon to play nice again.

Actually on the above mentioned test, the orignal hang went away for sure, but my first attempt at centering failed, the falcon and SGP counldn’t get the target angle synced. This was on an existing target that I was already using. When I created a new sequence, SGP and the Falcon did work together ok. So it gave me pause, but since it did work and the clouds rolled in, I couldn’t test anymore until tongiht.

new issue reported here: Pegasus Astro Falcon Rotator - Not able to center on target

Can you please check if this has to do with a meridian flip?
Maybe rotator motor requires a reverse motor setting.

This was before any meridian flip. Since I never got the sequence target centered, the sequence never ran.

This topic is for the old SGP specific issue, please use the referenced topic for further discussion.