Pier Crash - no recovery?

I had a pier crash last night and I need some help determining what happened. The guide star was lost around 11:10pm and for some reason recovery didn’t work properly. The really strange thing is that the scope was on the EAST side of the pier pointing down at the ground, but pointing on the west side of the pier. If the scope was tracking properly it would have just continued moving west, so something strange happened to to cause the scope to crash into the EAST side of the pier. Another strange thing is that the AP1100 ASCOM driver reported that the scope was parked this morning.

I also have Mount Watcher activated to shut down the mount if it gets too far past the meridian or too far CW up. That failed as well. I really have no clue what caused this.

Link to Logs

Approx time of issue: 10/5/2020 11:10 PM

Useful Info

Ver: 3.2.0.609
.NET: 4.8

Ray Gralack looked at the AP ASCOM log file and noted that a sync was issued to the mount with a -55 Dec.

Looking at the SGP log file, after the guide star was re-acquired by PHD2 SGP attempted to take an image and plate solve to determine where the mount was. The primary plate solver failed (ASTAP), so the blind solver attempted to solve the reference image (ANSVR - local astrometry.net). The solve came back as successful, but almost all of the parameters were incorrect. The Dec was -54.9, the RA was 16 (should have been 22), the camera angle was 302 (should be 0 or 180). The pixel scale was correct. Then after the “successful” solve, SGP issue a move to go to the target (+55 Dec, +22 RA). Which of course resulted in the pier crash.

So why did ASTAP fail, and why did ANSVR return a solve of -55 Dec?