Pinpoint Issues

A few days ago I upgraded SGP from V3 to V4. Along with Platesolve 2, and ASTAP, I was using PinPoint ver 6. Yesterday, I upgraded Pinpoint from Ver 6 to Ver 7. With that upgrade - SGP crashes each time I try to select Pinpoint in the Control Panel. I run three rigs remotely and each rig has it’s own laptop - all three laptops are now crashing when Pinpoint is selected.

I am not sure if this is an issue with Pinpoint (I have sent an email to Bob Denny asking for his thoughts) or an issue with the new version of SGP.

I have had zero issues running Pinpoint ver 6 with either Ver 3 or Ver 4 of SGP.

SGPro 4.1 officially supports 64-bit Pinpoint. Are you certain that the “bit-ness” of Pinpoint 7 matches the “bit-ness” of SGPro? (i.e. If you are using 64-bit SGPro, you MUST also use 64-bit Pinpoint… same with 32-bit) They must be the same. SGPro should certainly not crash here, but that is the most common issue with 4.1

Thanks Ken…therein lies the problem. Since I am fearful that a lot of my software does not use 64 bit, I opted to upgrade to SGP using the 32 bit version. I just checked and Pinpoint Ver 7 is a 64 bit program.

Thank you for the quick response!

Version 4.1 uses the method you suggest. The problem was that the appropriate version of PP was not installed and not that we couldn’t activate it.

Do PinPoint users wanting to use 64bit SGP will still need to download the 64bit PinPoint AddOn in order for it to work correctly? Or is just the base PinPoint install sufficient?

Thank you,
Jared

Now I really feel bad… I am SORRY!!! Yes, the 64 bit engine has to have a separate installer because it needs to be registered with Windows for 64-bit activation. It’s pretty obvious

Yessir - I figured it out. Sorry to cause this confusion….feel free to take my thread down.

Yes I would feel better if it were deleted as well. The Main Sequence guys did the right thing.

It’s no problem at all… removed.