Plate Sloving

I have been using SGP for the last 3 years and rarely have any issues until I upgraded to the latest version as of 9/18/2024 but this one has me stumped. I haven’t changed any hardware. Mount Heq5 using EQmod with a USB 3 connection. Slew and auto center fail. All my settings are correct (focal length 464mm -pixel scale 1.71 binning 2x2 ). I’ve tried using both Plate Slove and ASTAP. Sequence is initiated the Mount Slews image is taken. but Auto center fails and Sequence is aborted. I know it’s not a mount issue I’ve tried other imaging Astro software and the Image is plate solved within seconds. I have uninstalled and reinstalled SGP and reset all my settings and getting the same results. Looked over the help files and lost 3 nights of imaging trying to correct this issue.
Link to log file below.

Hi Frankconte1,

Try a Platesolve exposure length of 12-16 seconds, and see if that works.

Clear Skies,

Paul

Thanks for the input. My plate solve exposure time is 14 sec. I think it might be a sync issue with the mount, but I don’t know how to correct it.

@Frankconte1, did you try installing the prior version that worked just to make sure the problem is with the Sept 18 version?

I remember reading something about ASTAP making changes that messed with the platesolve and centering.
Some claimed that using a previous version of ASTAP solved the issue.

I never was able to get ASTAP to center properly so I use PlateSolve 2. Yeah it takes a little longer to solve but Its not used that often and is working reliably for me.

I downloaded the latest update from SGP and the plate-solving issue seems to have been corrected. II’ll do more testing when the weather clears.
Thanks for your response.
Clear Skies

Try pinpoint platesolve and you will not get any issues you can do a trial version i always had some trouble so i changed to pinpoint never looked back
Martin