Plate Solving (PlateSolve2) matched but keeps running

Hello everyone, I am writing since I have an issue with Solve & Sync.
I set up the Plate Solving with PlateSolve2, catalogues are in the right place, scope and camera data are there.

I run Solve and Sync on a picture, the solving mask opens up and starts the spiral search.

After a few seconds I get the “match” information in the solving mask, the plate solving pop-up window closes, but I never get the “plate solving completed” confirmation pop-up, the one that tells me that the data will be used as reference for the target image, and the plate solving keeps running… after a couple minutes wainting I end up needing to abort the solving.

What could be the issue?

I am running SGP 3.2.0.660 on Windows 10.
I tried it also on Windows 7 and I have the same problem.

Any suggestions on what to try?

Is the “Solve Complete” window possibly behind SGP or on another screen? What is SGP reporting it is doing? Is SGP locked up?

Jared

Hi,
no, there is no hidden window. I keep seeing the green progress bar on the bottom left (the one that indicates the process and what the program is doing) and it keeps saying “plate solving…”.
SGP is not locked up, it is apparently still trying to plate solve (or; i guess, sync with the mount?). I can abort he plate solving process.

Hm that’s odd. Unfortunately I don’t have a solution for you. I have not seen this behavior before. I believe most folks have gone to the ASTAP Plate Solver over PS2 as it is faster and more reliable. That doesn’t fix your immediate problem but it may get around it.

Jared