Plate Solving with Manual Rotator

I am having an issue with using a manual rotator with Framing and Mosaic Wizard. I have not images since last January. I had not had any issues with the rotation instructions from SGP for my camera and rotator and mosaics were a joy to take. This winter i seem to be getting erroneous rotation instructions such as ACW 16 deg then ACW 36 deg increasing each time. I thought i had solved this by reversing the rotation in the rotator settings. However, tonight i did a test on a 4x1 mosaic of orion. I followed the instructions provided by the plate solving until a “successful” solve. I then took a single 60s lum frame for each panel. Instead of a column of images from Horsehead to M42 i have a stepped set of images that only overlap at the bottom right hand corner. Can you explain what is going on? I have not changes any settings and still use ASTAP as my solver. I have the log file, screen shots of the rotator instructions and the four images i took.

Are you able to verify that each of the 4 panels is centered appropriately? In other words, can you visually imagine that if all 4 were rotated some number or degrees would the stitched image appear to be whole (a column)?

Actually… feel free to answer the question asked, but there seems to be a problem with the target angle (equatorial PA) when solving with ASTAP or PlateSolve2. This issue is not exhibited using PlateSolve3. I will try to determine what has happened to the angles for those 3 solvers between 4.2 and 4.3 (this is not a solver issue… it is an SGPro issue).

In the meantime, moving to PlateSolve3 is fast and easy and should rid you of this issue (assuming I am correct about the source of the problem).

https://help.sequencegeneratorpro.com/SettingupPlateSolve3.html

I do believe I have located an issue with calculating equatorial PA that would be present in both ASTAP and PlateSolve2, but only for very specific parts of the sky. I will make a release shortly.

Thanks Ken. I have installed Platesolve 3 and i will run the same 4 frame sequence tonight and send you the results. Thanks for coming back to me quickly. Paul