Platesolve2 crashes SGP upon press "platesolve and sync"

evaluation process 31 days left

update 8-25 10AM
I removed the software and reinstalled. Removed Sky6 “ascom for telescope driver for the sky” under Equipment and selected eqmod heq5/6. Opened and ran sky6 independently slewed to target and click on “solve and sync”. No crash however it did understandingly abort plate solving due to my experiment indoors. Just want to be clear that it went through the process. Will wait for the hurricane threats to pass by Florida before trying it live.
Thank you Jason for the local trouble shooting help.
tc

SGP, guiding, focus and 5 minute image all successful. Have APM cats, platesolve 2.28 and PHD guiding 2 installed.

Upon image completion, stars focus at 1.17 (crazy good focus routine) I pressed the platesolve and sync and bam, SGP crash abruptly stating the "sequence generator has stopped working and windows is checking for a solution.

I had a friend who has his evaluation copy working check my settings and it crashed even after a reinstall - repair.

If this is a repost, apologies. Did not find any reference to platesolve2 crashing after image produced and pressing solve and sync.

tony - south florida

just a shot in the “dark” so to speak, Is your image scale correct ??

Hi Dennis

yes, it is and was correct. Keep on thinking.

thx
t

OK…next shot in the dark… Platesolve2 , do you have the maximum number of regions available ?? and/or do you have a backup platesolver like Astrometry.net that takes over when the first one fails ??

I also notice you said twice AFTER you produced an image you pressed solve and sync. You don’t need to produce an image BEFORE you press solve and sync …just slew somewhere in the night sky and press solve and sync …preferably where there are lots of stars (and due east) .

whoops…just saw your update…didn’t realize you were using eqmod…yeah, bet that was the problem…but still you don’t have to slew to your TARGET to do a solve and sync, you are just syncing the scope to the sky so it knows where it is, therefore you should be able to slew anywhere and sync.

OK…next shot in the dark…
Platesolve2 , do you have the maximum number of regions available ??
>> YES <<
and**/or do you have a backup platesolver like Astrometry.net that takes
over when the first one fails ??
>> YES<<

I also notice you said twice AFTER you produced an image you pressed
solve and sync. You don’t need to produce an image BEFORE you press
solve and sync …just slew somewhere in the night sky and press
solve and sync …preferably where there are lots of stars (and due
east) .
>> I was trying to get a result of some kind<< Now, I slew to target from independently started SKY6 and SGP takes an image and attempts to solve. It aborted because I was indoors. It also attempted to blind solve but aborted for the same reason. waiting for the storm to take the clouds away to attempt outdoors.<<

whoops…just saw your update…didn’t realize you were using
eqmod…yeah, bet that was the problem…but still you don’t
have to slew to your TARGET to do a solve and sync, you are just
syncing the scope to the sky so it knows where it is, therefore you
should be able to slew anywhere and sync.

eqmod works for me<<. SGP has stopped crashing upon pressing “solve and sync” and removing Ascom for telescope for the sky. <<

more practice needed with clear dark skys.
Thank you Dennis for chiming in.