Pop Up Messages

Description

<Good afternoon! I am running VER 4.3.0.1080. I believe this is the last beta that supported both the native ZWO Driver support, and advanced focus routine. Both work very well in my situation…as long as you don’t try and do anything else while the images are still downloading. The ZWO driver is faster than the ASI driver especially when using bin 1x1 (55 MBit Subs). I am also running a MINIX fanless computer with 4GB ram and 1.44GHz Speed Processor. Between the huge downloads and an apparently very chatty telescope driver (Meade Generic) I am right on the raged edge of what the computer can keep up with. I am in talks with the CFO of the Obsevatory (my Wife) to get a faster computer, but stuck with what I have for a bit longer. The Pop Up messages seem to add several seconds the the whole download process, and I’ve found you can’t do anything else while they are open without the risk of a hang up. Is there any way I can stop them at this end to help speed things up till the new computer is approved from the Boss Lady?
Thanks
John >

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: <4.3.0.1080>

Sorry, can you explain what you mean by “popup messages” during download? I’m not following.

Once the target image, or frame and focus download completes everything waits and a popup banner comes up with different “cute” messages…bending reality…detecting dark matter…measuring red shift…ect ect ect.While those messages are there I don’t press any buttons on any docking modules…It has hung a couple times and required a restart. The banners seem to stay up for 6 to 10 seconds, once they go away all is normal again.

Oh, ok, that’s the Image History analyzer. You just turn off the Image History feature in the Image History module. Of course, it’s not the messages that consume time here, but rather the analysis of the image itself is very computationally expensive.

Ok, good to know…but bummer. I have a Meade LX600 which uses the built in guiding system Starlock. It allows me to see the instantaneous guide pulses sent to the mount, but doesn’t have anyway to monitor guiding trends. The Image history module becomes my PH2 graph of sorts to watch for trends. Even though my focuser is temperature compensated, I think it can sometimes apply the compensation too slowly. We live at 6500 feet, have very little humidity, and a slight change in wind direction can bring much colder air in quickly. I’ve seen 5 degree drops in under 10 minutes. The history module shows the HFR changing, and I can pause the session, get a cup of coffee and let things stabilize before re-focusing and carrying on. I guess I need to plan on the new computer sooner!!!

Thank You!
John

On a different note…I’m looking at the fanless computers your partner recommended
in a post, and they all seem to have windows 11 pro loaded. Will everything continue to function going from win 10 to 11?

Thanks

Yes, certainly. At this point, Windows 11 is completely mainstream.

Has the support for the native ZWO been re-instated in any of the Betas beyond ver 4.3.0.1080?

Thanks
John

The betas are additive, so all betas after 4.3.0.1080 have native ZWO support.

Jared