Pop-ups still off screen - thought this was fixed?

On my laptop, when I have more than 3 or 4 events - so the sequencer window extends lower on the screen -, if I click on the little icon of the last event to set the scope to park at the end of the sequence, the “save” or “Exit” buttons on the EOS pop-up are off the bottom of my screen and since the pop-up is not movable, the only way out is through “esc”. That does work, but it’s not the ideal way to have to close a pop-up.

I’m posting because I recall this was, or supposed to have been, resolved a while ago. I’d really like to see these pop-ups be free floating and movable.

Do you have screenshots of the popups you’re referring to? Are you meaning the event settings? These:

If so you can move the sequence window around.

Jared

Jared,

Yes. That is the pop up in question. It’s only a problem when I add a few events to the sequence ( I recently added RGB filters and moved up to a 7 place FW). With fewer events it’s not a problem because you can still see the button to save or close, but with more events, those button extend off the bottom of the screen.

Regards,

Larry

I can’t get my laptop to save a screen shot at the moment, but here’s an iphone image of the issue.

The black at the top and bottom is the bezel of my screen so this is an accurate representation of the problem. As you can see there is no way to move off this pop-up. The screen resolution is normal for the laptop. Desktop icons are fairly small. I don’t think I could go higher resolution and still be able to read anything.

IMG_0094 IMG_0094

You should be able to work around this by:
1 - Making the sequence window smaller vertically
2 - Moving the sequence window to the top of SGP
3 - Opening that event.

I know this isn’t ideal. But even with that window open you should be able to move the Sequence Window around.

Jared

Jared, thanks. Hitting Escape gets back out and retains the settings in the pop-up, so there are work arounds. My original point was this has come up plenty of times over the last few years and I thought it was to have been addressed in the 3.0 release. Is it not practical to code the site so that either the pop-up comes up at a point linked near the top of the sequencer window or so it can float? Having it be a fixed window position linked to the lowest event in a sequence (the one most likely where parking the scope would be set), seems the worse possible approach, and the cause of this problem.