Pre-flip before meridian?

I was attempting to begin imaging a target (NGC7000) last night beginning about 15 minutes before the meridian flip. SGP would repeatedly send the mount to the pre-flip (i.e., west) side of the pier. I would park the scope wait a few minutes and repeat - again with the same result. Even though I have SGP set to flip zero (0) minutes past the meridian, it wasn’t until almost 15 minutes past the meridian before SGP would send the mount to the east side of the pier.
I understand from the Rainbow Astro RC-135E dealer that I can execute a pre-flip of the mount with the handset. How can I do the same with SGP controlling the mount through its Hubo-i ASCOM driver?

I just go into meridian flip settings and set it to flip however Many mins before the flip time I want
save waiting for the flip

So there are potentially 2 things going on here. First, when SGP slews, we just tell your mount where to go and not “how” to get there. You may need to change some settings in your mount to allow it to “Favor East” so if a target is reachable from either side of the pier it will use the East side.

Second, flipping prior to the meridian needs to be implemented in the ASCOM driver. If this is implemented by the driver then you can set the “Minutes Past Meridian to Flip” to a negative number to flip prior to the meridian.

Jared