Problems with Mosaic and framing wizard -Platesolving

Hi
I set up Platesolving and had been using framing / mosaic wizard with great success until recently .
I took a trip down to New Mexico and adjusted the latitude / time settings accordingly, but could never get SGP to solve successfully. Worse when I came back to Vermont , where I live , the same issues, until it started to work again, first it almost worked then failed to autocenter, so I left autocenter out of the wizard and it still framed OK, then last night I put that back in , and it all worked perfectly.
When I compare last night to the other nights, it was superbly clear compared to the scattered clouds ( not complete cloud cover) of all the other occasions where it didnt work. I’m not sure how many stars are needed to plate solve, but is there a way to make this more tolerant of partial cloud, or is this probably unrelated?
Another issue I got a coupleof nights ago was that it would seemingly solve but then go on to validate the rotation angle time and time again rotating to a differenmt angle many times before failing.
Thanks
Richard

Richard,

There is John in Arizona who helps a lot of people on these forums with focus and plate solve. He told me 12-15 seconds for exposure time.

Clear Skies,

Paul

OK Thx I’ll try the longer exposure - currently using 5 secs
best
Richard