QHY 268C and SGP

I have a new QHY 268C camera and found that SGP has no listing for it in the dropdown menu. The camera connects in NINA and Sharpcap but I can find no workaround to connect with SGP 32 or 64. A previous post indicated that the driver should be 32 bit but haven’t been able to determine bit depth of current driver. Nothing found for QHY in ASCOM camera drivers. Current SGP version is 4.0.0.680

Mike O.

You’ll need to install the ASCOM driver for your QHY. Once you do, it will appear as an option in the dropdown. I cant remember if QHY drivers are 64 bit, but I think they are and I think they install both, but it also may be different for different cameras.

Hi Ken, Thanks for your reply. Best as I can tell, there were two drivers installed but can’t determine their bit depth. My first thought was to look for an ASCOM driver but none was found in the camera driver listings. Tried NINA for camera control but would prefer SGP as it would make the it usable with Astro-Physic’s APCC/APPM.

Mike O.

You may need to contact QHY. Beyond stating that SGPro will not show the camera as an option unless its ASCOM driver is installed, our ability to provide support here is pretty limited. You are installing this thing that loos like an “all in one” package?

https://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/publish/AllInOne/211023/QHYCCD_Win_AllInOne.21.10.23.19.exe

Hi Ken, I found the ASCOM driver. Not on the Ascom site but was actually on the QHY download page but down near the bottom of the page. The hint as to where to get the driver came from a previous SGP post that had not come up when I did my initial search. My camera is now listed and all looks good.

Thanks to you and forum members for assistance. Mike O.

1 Like