QHY Camera Cooler Not Automatically Turned Off At Session End #1

Greetings!

SGP has not been automatically turning off the camera at the end of the session, although that option has been checked. I am using version 4.3.0.1108. My camera is a QHY 600M. This error also occurs with an entirely different imaging rig using a QHY 268M.

Thank you for your attention to this matter!

Best Regards,

Ben

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 4.3.0.1108 (64-bit)
.NET: 4.8
ASCOM: 6.6.1.3673

Can you clarify what you mean by “off”. Are you referring to the disconnect step or maybe something with the cooler?

Hi, Ken:

I have the option set under “Camera” to automatically warm the camera at the end of a sequence. Normally, this should gradually warm the camera (reduce the cooling power) over a specified time until the cooler is shut off completely. This has been the behavior up until recently. Now the cooler is left running to maintain whatever temperature I had set at the beginning of the session, ignoring this selected option. I hope that clarifies the issue. Let me know if you want more details. Thanks!

Ben

I have looked through the logs and can actually see the sequence skip the camera warmup, but, alas, I have no logical explanation for it… Camera warmup is skipped in the following scenarios:

• SGPro is about to start capturing calibration frames after a sequence failure
  • SGPro is waiting to run AutoFlats
  • The camera has disconnected
  • The camera is reporting it has no controllable cooler

It seems as though you meet literally none of these requirements… The best thing I can do at this point is release a beta that records very explicitly why it skipped warmup, otherwise, this will be a goose hunt.

Sequence Generator Pro 4.3.0.1111 (BETA) is Released for Test - Releases - Main Sequence Software

Thank you, Ken! I should be imaging tonight, and I’ll plan on submitting my log files for your examination when finished.

Here is last night’s log file (1 of 2). I updated to the latest beta version. Once again, my system using a QHY 268M did not automatically warm the camera at the end of the session. Thanks for your attention to this.

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 4.3.0.1111 (64-bit)

Here is last night’s log file (2 of 2). I updated to the latest beta version. Once again, my system using a QHY 600M did not automatically warm the camera at the end of the session. Thanks for your attention to this.

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 4.3.0.1111 (64-bit)

I suspect I have seen the same with a completely different camera (FLI) - but I have not had full auto shutdown (at end of actual sequence) recently to be 100% sure - I just started up equipment but cloud prevented me from actually imaging - so pressed “run end of sequence” option to park & disconnect everything.

When I did that it disconnected the camera immediately without warm up - but I would like to have a normal run to check what I suspect is a bug…and I will then submit log. People don’t normally see the end of sequence if everything is running as it should…but for sure, when next I get a chance, I will make sure I see exactly what is happening at the end…i.e. normal camera warm up as programmed OR just a power off as I presently suspect. I am also running: Ver: 4.3.0.1111 (64-bit)

Thank you for the logs. I have found and corrected the issue (definitely an issue introduced with AutoFlats). Working on a few other things too, it’ll be out shortly.

Very good, Ken! Thanks for looking at it so quickly. This isn’t a fatal issue, but obviously an important one, and I appreciate your attention to it.

UPDATE: Using the latest version, my camera now warms up at the end of the session. Thank you again for fixing this!

1 Like