Hello,
I have a problem with my 7 slots QHY CFW2-M-US.
On SGP with the ASCOM driver the wheel act like a 5 slots wheel it won’t go to the 6 & 7 slots, even if I assign slot 6 and 7 in the driver it is ignoring it. I am using the latest QHY ASCOM driver. What is also strange it seems to always know where she are and never lose count of its position, it would roll pass 6 and 7 enad go to 5 like they were not there!
I have tried this driver (ASCOM FilterWheel for QHYCFW2) and the detection process doesn’t work and doesn’t recognize the com port.
The strange thing is that on NINA in the list of driver choices there is one called “QHY163M 7 Slots Filter Wheel” that work very well but I don’t see it in SGP.
I am more familiar with SGP and like it much better and don’t want to migrate to NINA at this time.
Any help is most welcome.
Thank you
Renaud
I have the identical problem. It stopped working out of no where. I have not updated SGP, nor my QHY Drivers. I know this doesn’t help, but you are not alone! Yep, l it always shows 5 filters even though there are 7 and I keep selecting 7 and entering 7. When I closed the ASOM filter wheel screen and re-open it, its back to 5 filters again! Ugh!
Hey,
It has been working just fine with this driver:
This is what the creator of the drive wrote to me :
If you want to use this driver, you might need to change the jumper under the FW’s plastic cover because the driver only runs via the RS232 (USB) port.
Good luck
@John_Sojka did you ever solve this? It has just happened to me out of the blue. I am reluctant to move to the USB connection as suggested by @RenaudVL unless I have no choice and would prefer to use a fix which allows me to keep using the cable from the camera.
Hey,
Just to confirm that I have waisted hours trying to have it connected to the camera and the only way I was successful was with the USB cable!
Good luck
After running me through the USB connection “work-around” to no avail, they said it is a “hardware issue.” I posted this in response, noting that the driver glitch is only in the observatory, and therefore not hardware related: “I brought the filter wheel inside. It works perfectly, all seven positions showing. My guess is as follows: The “bug” is caused by the old version FW driver, and is still in the registry on the observatory computer. Therefore even the new version behaves like the old version.
Conclusions: There is no hardware issue. As stated above, the bug is in the registry. No software recognizes all 7 filters.
REQUEST: Please tell me what specific registry item this filter wheel writes to and I can try to write a fresh one from the updated driver. OR we can do another session with your local registry expert.”
They have now gone silent. I let them know I will tell all my friends to steer clear of their products due to poor drivers and lack of support.
Just bought a ZWO EFW 7x36. I’m done with QHY.