QHY Filter wheel 3 7filters

Problems with QHY Filter wheel 3 7 filters problems it reverts back to 5 filters with SGP I dont get a issue with Sharp cap or NINA the problem is with SGP can you help please.
Martin Williams

@Willik

This was an issue in the QHY ASCOM driver. The latest version fixes this.

Charlie

I have downloaded the latest version of the allin one for the qhy 268 m it is still the same unless i am missing something
Martin

@Willik

Not sure which one you are referencing but go to the QHY download page:

https://www.qhyccd.com/download/

and get the file called: Beta Ver. 2023.2.28

When installing there are a lot options including two kinds of filter wheels.

I have a QHY268M with a QHYCFW3-M-SR5 connected via the camera to filter wheel cable and it works properly. Make sure you use the ASCOM setup to configure the filter wheel for 7 positions – the factory default is 29 positions!

Charlie

I reported the same issue , only seemed to affect SGP and ASCOM driver. I had to reinstall the driver to get it working again. Happened twice, can’t work out why one day it works fine and next day only 5 filters showing.

I also found my QHY600 temperature incorrectly reported, not sure if connected, but when set to cool to -10c it would show things like Cooling -13/-10 for a few minutes then work correctly.

1 Like

Hall Charli,
I have just read your reply. I also have the same problem. I have deleted all filter positions in ASCOM except for 7 and closed ASCOM. When I restart ASCOM, ALL the filter positions are there again.
What am I doing wrong?

Translated with deepl.com

@midnightlightning

Not sure what is happening. Are you setting the Number of Filter Slots correctly? The default value is 29 but you would need to set it to 7.

Here is my configuration with a 5 slot filter wheel:

It’s working fine at the moment with 7 filters correctly set. This is the normal situation but then one day I boot up the observatory PC and power everything up as normal and find only 5 filters. The ONLY solution I have found is to reinstall the QHY all in one drivers. Then I can set up the seven filters again and it works ok until the next failure. It’s been working ok for the last few months and I can’t remember details but I think it’s only an issue with EQMOD/ascom. I think the native drivers worked fine in NINA etc but they can’t be used in SGP which is a real shame as they are much faster in NINA