QHY5IIC camera does not connect

My QHY5IIC camera works fine with Sharpcap and a driver for the camera appears in SGP as choice, but I get an error message when attempting to connect to it. Sharpcap does show a separate color and mono camera for this mode.

Peter

You’ll need the ASCOM driver for this camera for SGP to connect to it. I believe this is it:

If that’s what you’re using a log and the error message you received would be helpful.

Jared

I am using that driver and the camera will not connect. It works with Sharpcap.

I think Sharpcap is using the device driver directly, rather than the ASCOM one.

Are you by any chance using a QHY guide camera at the same time?

No, in this case. I wanted sync the mount using the QHY5IIM, and it does not connect with SGP. Is there a way to use the driver directly?

Peter

Peter - in the dialog you show in your post- does the camera appear in the drop down list when you hit the wrench button?

Yes, but Sharpcap lists both the color and mono cameras.

The comparisons with SharpCap are not necessarily relevant if it works directly with the camera drivers rather than through the ASCOM interface.
Stepping back - QHY released an update checker tool recently. With your cameras connected, it should detect them and check the revisions of the SDK and various drivers and apps. That is a good place to start. There is now an all-in-one updater package too which fixed some of the ASCOM settings bugs.
With that done, ignore SGP for the moment and can you connect to the camera using the ASCOM platform tools and use the conformance check?

BTW your screen grab just shoes the generic QHY camera in the selection box. The wrench tool next to it will give access to more choices (like one of several connected cameras) and settings.