Question on Fitlet2 PC for Obs Control

I am considering the use of a Fitlet2 mini PC to control my observatory and am wondering what the consensus is on whether these devices have sufficient processing power to handle the workload. Software running would include SGP Pro and PHD2 supporting a QSI and a ZWO camera, EQ8 mount, Loadstar guide camera and Focus Lynx focuser. I am considering upgrading my camera to the ZWO 6200 which connects via USB3 and has VERY large sub frame files (120Mb). This has started me thinking that my ten year old W7 32 bit lap top might just about be ready for a replacement :slight_smile:

The specs for the Fitlet2 PC that I am looking at are:

• Celeron CJ3455 CPU
  • 16Gbyte RAM
  • 512Gbyte SATA SSD
  • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 [X10E]
  • 2 x G bit Ethernet
  • 2 x USB3
  • 6 x USB2
  • DC operations 7v - 20v
  • Temp range -20c - +70c

So my question is, will the above Fitlet2 PC have sufficient processing power to run SGP Pro (and the rest of the equipment in the observatory) ?

Thanks,
Rodney

Yes, I think that would be fine. I would recommend going with a “normal” windows Pro or Home edition though. Sometimes the Enterprise versions can be quite obnoxious with .NET versions and other libraries that software uses. You give up a lot of control when you go to an enterprise version.

Jared

Rodney,

I’ve been running SGP (and all the other software required for remote operation) on a similar setup: Celeron J1900 (4 core), 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Win 10 Pro for several year now without any difficulty. You should be fine.

BobT

I tried running everything on a LattePanda and wasn’t happy with it. Painfully slow plate solves made it a no go for me. Went back to an old i5 laptop.

• Processor: Intel Cherry Trail Z8350 Quad Core, 2M Cache, up to 1.92 GHz
  • Operation System: Pre-installed Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB with License
  • Ram: 4GB DDR3L
  • Storage Capability: 64GB
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics, 12 EUs @200-500 Mhz, single-channel memory

Thanks for the responses everyone. This will help greatly with figuring out which way to go.