Question on parking the mount at dawn

Hello all!
Most of my imaging plans involve multiple night imaging. I know how to stop the sequence at a set time. What I can’t find in the help file is once the camera stops that the mount parks itself. It’s usually in the middle of a sequence.

How can I set it so when I wake up in the morning my scope is nicely parked and the camera is warmed up? Do I just do end of sequence options (even though technically it’s not the end of the sequence)?

I realize this is covered somewhere in the help file, but I can’t seem to find it.

Stuart

Equipment Profile Manager or Control Panel, tab Telescope, enable “Park when sequence completes”.
That should do the trick.

Thanks. What I didn’t know is if that would work if the sequence wasn’t complete (say if dawn came before I got all my subs).

Sure. Sequence is not (only) finished when all frames have been completed. It does help to set an overall end time in the sequence options though. I always set start and end times for each object depending on visibility given local horizon as well as an overall sequence end time around dawn. You can further improve upon this with a safety monitor device that can alert SGP that clouds are rolling in or that the sky has become far too bright when dawn approaches.

Clouds and brightness will also disturb guiding and your guide software can then inform SGP it can no longer guide within set boundaries or has lost the guide star altogether. SGP can then go into recovery mode and try again later or just give up.

All these settings and alerts can have SGP end a sequence and then trigger end-of-sequence actions, such as parking the mount, warming the camera sensor, closing the roof and other things. It can all be fine-tuned to your particular setup and requirements.

Hi Stuart,

This is a wording problem. Actually, the sequence ends when either:

• all frames have been taken (it completes)
    or
  • the end time have been reached
    or
  • something wrong happens (the sequence will be eventually aborted)

In all situations, if selected, the End of Sequence actions will be executed.

Kind regards,
Horia

Perfect, thank you very much.