Random brightness issues with SGP and Optech Alnitak Flip-Flat

So I connected my flip-flat yesterday and I am having some quirky issues with it.
I start the Flats Calibration Wizard with the flat connected in my SGP sequence. I close it and turn the brightness up the 255 and start the wizard. From here it varies but the brightness will randomly go all the way down to zero. For example, I choose to calibrate 1x1 and 2x2 bin for my Lum filter. As soon as it starts, the brightness stays at 255 but the first attempt fails to achieve a good result so it starts the second attempt but then the brightness goes all the way down to 0. So I grab the slider and move it all the way back to 255 and it will continue. Once it finally gets a good calibration for the 2x2 bin it now moves to the red filter. Now for the first attempt it will move all the way to 0 brightness and I have to slide it back to 255. Maybe it gets all the way through for 1x1 and 2x2, maybe not. Its random. But the end result is I cant just calibrate all 7 filters with the brightness set at 1 level because it will just randomly change brightness.
So my question: is this normal? Maybe my workflow isn’t right.
I ran out of time last night but for my next attempt I’m not going to connect the flat in SGP. I will start the Optec program and leave the brightness set in that interface and then run the calibration wizard. Perhaps the brightness will stay put this way and I can finish the wizard. Although when the wizard completes, the data will not get saved to the profile as it should. See here: Flat Calibration Wizard result not saved to profile - #14 by RayD - Sequence Generator - Main Sequence Software

You need to set the brightness levels which it will use for each filter and binning in the filter flats section (where you set the exposure time). SGP uses this information to set the correct brightness level, and then varies the exposure length to obtain the correct ADU level.

Thanks. I’ll try that when I get home. Makes total sense.