Re-invoke platesolve

I use Platesolving for most of my astrophotography. I have no problem getting platesolve to correctly solve. I also use PHD2 for autoguiding with no problems.
My question is…
Is there a way to re-invoke platesolve during a sequence? If not, is there a way to invoke platesolve when changing events i.e. going from Event 1 to Event 2.
I am asking because over a long imaging session my image may drift … and I would like to re-center.
Roger

1 Like

In PHD2 under the Advanced Settings /Global tab there are some settings for changing dither mode and scale.

Not certain but I think I am probably using the PHD2 install defaults (random mode and scale 1.0). If you are seeing a very significant drift as opposed to modest random movement about the start position then maybe these options could be set more optimally.

I don’t know the theory but I guess exposure length, dither frequency, field of view and image scale could all have a bearing on amount of drift over 2-3 hours of imaging.

Maybe something for which someone could produce a simulator if we knew the PHD2 algorithms!

Mike

PS: And you are definitely seeing significant lateral image drift as opposed to field rotation?

Mike

Probably field rotation. PHD2 has been working well.

Roger

You can do this by making copy of the target and define Event 2 in the target copy.

Thanks. That would probably work.

Roger