Red boxes in GUI components (4.2.0, Beta 877 32-Bit)

I had the exact same issue last night as @dhickey had with the red Xs and the white boxes. happened around 00:25 when I started the sequence. I’ve been running beta 877 for the last few nights and this was the first time these red Xs showed up.

First time I posted using this method. the “Report an Issue” GUI would not shown/allow me to pick an existing issue so I had to post a new using the same title. I added “32-Bit” since that is what I am running not the 64-bit version that @dhickey is running. But appears to be the same/similar issue

Mark

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 4.2.0.877 (32-bit)
.NET: 4.8
ASCOM: 6.5.0.3091

Did you mean to include logs over 8/24 - 25? The attached log does not seem to have an UI related errors in it?

Also, did you use any of the new drag and drop reordering prior to sequence start?

@ken

as requested here is what I did last night.

The sequence for the night is to image two targets. Fireworks Galaxy, (NGC 6946), followed by the Helix Nebula. For the Fireworks galaxy I guide using the OAG so I select that profile to apply to the sequence. The Run sequence stared at (08/24/22 21:11;07.399). I image the fireworks Galaxy until 08/24/22 approximately 23:46. I had the Helix to start at 00:14, need to wait to clear some trees. during this waiting period between 23:46 and 00:14. I reset the sequence, change the profile from the OAG to a guide scope camera profile and apply that. There are not many stars around the Helix for the OAG to pick up so I found I need to use my guide scope. Once that is done, I unchecked the NGC 6946 and move it to the end so when I restart the sequence only the Helix and the flats are active in the sequence along with the new guide scope profile. All of this happened between 23:46 and 00:14.

as soon as I started the Helix sequence is when those red X’s with the White background appeared. Looking through the log it appears the issue appeared at 08/25/22 at 00:14:11.909.

I hope the attached log file is the correct file. It should be sg_logfile_20220824205121.log

Also, as a side note, I remote into the NUC running SGPro in my observatory via Splashtop Personal remote from my desktop computer.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Link to Logs

Approx time of issue: 8/25/2022 12:15 AM

Useful Info

Ver: 4.2.0.877 (32-bit)
.NET: 4.8
ASCOM: 6.5.0.3091

Thank you for the detailed explanation, it always helps… A quick question:

What method did you use to alter the position of this target in the list?

Also, as a note, the logs you attached to the last post are the same ones from the first post from 8/23 and 8/24. I think you noted the issue occurred on 8/24 and 8/25 (or maybe more recently if the last post describes a new session)

Hi Ken,

When I moved NGC 6946 to the end of the sequnece, I used the down arrow button.

BTW, I ran the same sequence for the last two nights in a row and the Red X’s/White boxes have not reappeared. if the Red X’s reappear I’ll be sure to send the correct logs.

Mark

Ok, thx. Please note that, while I have not been able to reproduce the issue, I took my best guess at what might cause it. That attempt has been released in the new beta 4.2.0.887.

I got a red box with an X through it in the status line at the bottom of the main window last night. I don’t know when it happened as I was asleep but the sequence completed ok anyway. If useful, I have the log at:

Kent

Thx for the report… I think this issue has already been addressed in 4.2.0.887 Beta, but please let me know if you see it in that version or later.