Redundent Autofocus

Good Morning,
I am running ver 4.2.0.907. When getting ready to run a sequence the first thing I do is run a autofocus routine so that the next thing, running a solve and sync is focused and completes. When I launch the sequence the scope moves to the target and all manual rotator and platesolve/centering complete as normal. But then before the imaging starts an autofocus routine pops up and runs. My scope has no mirror flop or shift, and I neither need nor want to run another focus routine just to have the focuser move back to the exact step position it started at. I have all the trigger settings left unchecked to include the new settings gear wheel at the bottom, and can’t find anything that would be causing the 2nd focus routine to run. Any suggestions on how to stop the 2nd routine?

Thanks
John

We’d need to see logs to inspect, but, if you run the first Auto Focus outside of a sequence, it will not count as an event that fulfills any of the focus triggers that you have defined for the sequence. If this is what is happening, my recommendation would be to forego the “before sequence manual auto focus” and let auto focus run as part of the beginning of the sequence.

Good Morning Ken,

In the process of elimination I uninstalled SGP, reinstalled a fresh copy and rebuilt all the equipment profiles from scratch. I have run two complete sequences since without the second auto focus popping up. That points to something I did…but darned if I know what.
For my setup, I must always run a frame and focus loop to make sure the focus is close enough to be able to run a auto focus. The scope focus changes huge amounts with big temperature changes from night to night, and because it’s a large focal length it could be out of range for auto focus to work. It also has to be focused for the solve and sync to complete. Once the sequence is running the temperature compensation of the focus motor keeps up with the temp changes for the night.
I will send logs if the second routine pops up again, but for now I’m listing as a self induced problem.
Thank you for responding…I should have sent the follow up about reloading things…sorry!

John