Restarting focus when lowest point is to left

Several releases ago (?) when auto-focus was running and the bottom of the curve was left of center, the focus would continue taking images past the number I specified until it got a nice “U” curve.
Now when the bottom of the curve is left, the auto-focus moves the starting position out then restarts.

Is there a setting to return it to the prior behavior? I have Disable smart focus OFF.

My CCD camera takes about 11 seconds to download an image so restarting focus can add a couple minutes of lost time.

Here are a few log lines that indicates it doesn’t even consider extending the left side.

[08/25/23 00:56:27.731][DEBUG][Main Thread][SQ;AF;] Adding sequence level notification: Cannot find focus point, assuming focus is outward, adjusting smart focus range... [08/25/23 00:56:27.794][DEBUG][Camera Thread][SQ;AF;] Sending Notification: Warning - Cannot find focus point, assuming focus is outward, adjusting smart focus range... [08/25/23 00:56:27.801][DEBUG][Main Thread][SQ;AF;] Adding sequence level notification: Focus cannot be determined. Moving to start position of 30611 to reattempt. Fit Quality 88%

@Ken, @Jared, any ideas?

No, sorry, nothing here has changed in years (unfortunately). At least no intentionally. That said, pretty high on the SGPro backlog is to throw away all of the AF data collection logic and start anew implementing all the things we have learned over the years. It’s passable in its current form, but there is a lot of room to be smarter about how AF collects data.