Resuming the autoguider + +

Hi,

First of all sorry for my poor english.

I didn’t change anything and since a few sessions I have 2 malfunctions and 1 error message. I turn with the 3.2.0.660 version + PHD Guiding 2.6.10

The step “Resuming the autoguider” although PHD was guiding the sequence didn’t run. It seems that you don’t have to make any settings in PHD before it is launched by SGP !?

When I “Connect all equipment” This error message below appears. But fortunetely I can still launch PHD directly.

Profiles PHD

Profiles PHD

As you can see below, in the Auto Guide tab I settled 1 pixel to start a frame but at 0.2 pixel SGP does not start photo yet…

Thank you for your help and your advice.

JF

Do you have the Enable Server option turned on in PHD2?

And does SGP automatically start and run PHD2 when you start the sequence? If SGP doesn’t load PHD2 then your PHD2 settings are likely wrong - e.g. SGP may not have the correct path to where the PHD2 exe lives.

1 Like

An error message in PHD2 is shown? If it’s an error message from SGPro the error is likely because SGPro does not know where to find your installed PHD2 (you need to set it in the auto guider settings).

There are many things that can go wrong when communicating with external apps. We would need you to reproduce the issue and send logs. Instructions here:

Thank you Steve I submitted my issues with the SGP menu Report a problem. SGP starts well PHD but it seems it cannot find the path of my profile. When I run PHD directly it find my profile easily :thinking:
CS
JF

Have you configured the right PHD2 profile in SGP? On the autoguide settings tab (in Control Panel or your Equipment profile), once you have PHD2 selected as the autoguider, you need to click on the “Settings” button on the right hand side - this opens the “PHD2 Connection Settings” dialog. You then need to select which PHD2 profile SGP should use when it connects to PHD2.

Hi Steve,

As you can see below the PHD2 Equipment Profile is well configured :

image003.png

But it seems that SGP seeks another profile : « Bureau »…

image005.png

Do you only have this set in your Equipment Profile? Is it also applied to your current sequence? i.e. what do you see in the Control Panel autoguide options?

I deleted the previous profiles hoping to solve this problem image001.png

I don’t know exactly where I can find the Control Panel autoguide options but here are some screen copies :

image002.png

image003.png

image004.png

image005.png

In SGP go to : View → Show Control Panel → Auto Guide (tab) → Settings

You need to make sure your PHD2 profile is actually being used by your current sequence. The Control Panel shows which settings your current sequence is using. The Equipment Profile view shows which settings will be used when that profile is used to create a new sequence.

You can apply your current Equipment profile settings to your sequence using the following option:

File → Apply Equipment Profile To Sequence

Thank you Steve for following up on my file, fast and precise service!

What a shame, I never opened this menu! You are right the setting in Show Control Panel menu was at 0.1 pixel. While it was at 1.0 pixel in the menu Equipment Profile Manager.

Last night I was able to test the modification :

1. The recovery sequence runs quickly

2. Auto Guider is setting quickly too

3. Dithering failed several times but the weather conditions were not good

I removed PHD Guiding with Revo Uninstaller then reloaded it. Results:

1. The error message PHD2 profile “Bureau” is not valid! has disappeared and PHD is now launched correctly by SPG.

2. On the other hand, I have a new malfunction in PSG the information relating to the Time to Pier Flip is no longer displayed and therefore the pier flip is no longer carried out.

3. Another malfunction in PHD when I run the Pier Flip Calibration command PHD displays the coordinates (like PSG) but it does not know which side of the meridian my telescope is pointing to.

Unfortunately, tonight no more tests, clouds are back.

image003.png

image006.png

image007.png

image008.png

Was this previously working?

In my earlier post I mentioned that you can apply your current Equipment Profile settings to your current sequence using the following option:

File → Apply Equipment Profile To Sequence

Did you apply this option? If so, you may have inadvertently changed something in your mount settings. Check your Control Panel → Telescope settings and make sure your Meridian Flip settings are still configured correctly.

And in general, here’s what I recommend (it’s how I manage sequence settings vs profile settings):

• Double check your current sequence settings by looking in the Control Panel views
  • Modify your sequence settings until they are correct and working well
  • Save the sequence as your profile using the Save Sequence As Profile option. This will store those good settings in your equipment profile for future use when creating a new sequence

Since I bought SGP 2-3 years ago SGP-SKY X- PHD have worked perfectly. The time to pier flip is still not displayed but I must say that I have not been able to launch a sequence since my last email.

Yet the Control Panel indicates that the calibration data is well recorded :

image010.png

I carefully checked the information, all now seem identical:

image012.png

image014.png

Settings Control Panel and Settings Equipment Profile Manager

image020.png

Settings Control Panel and Settings Equipment Profile Manager

I have applied the profile (I only have one profile) to the sequence.

I put you a link to my gallery at astrobin :

https://www.astrobin.com/users/Douroux/

image001.png

image003.png

image008.png

image016.png

image018.png

image022.png

image030.png

It is not clear to me what the issue is here. You can’t start the sequence? What does SGPro tell you?

Yes I can start a sequence but without pier flip.

I made several modifications, I propose to put this file on hold until my next session and see what works and what does not…

I solved all my issues except one :
During a sequence the data Time to Pier Flip is always noted NA. So SGP does not do the Pier Flip.
What can I do to fix this problem.
instructions du retournement au méridien

In your user profile, is your geographical position (lat / lon) set properly? Is it also set for the mount (you can typically check in the ASCOM settings dialog box. If not or if it’s wrong, you can use the “Export to Scope” button to send the location from the user profile to mount.

Hi Ken,
My geographical position is set properly for TSX and for SGP :
Coordonnees TSX
Coordonnees SGP
As the Time to Meridian was always not display I have click machinaly at the bottom on the area for Scope info :
Visualisation Transit
And surprise ! the Time to Transit appeared in the Docking Module Telescope :smiley:
At the moment I cannot run a sequence : too much clouds. So I will try later…
By the way, where can I find the Ascom settings dialog box ?

JF

Are you saying that the time to transit reads “NA” until you click on it and then it appears?

I don’t know if there is a cause and effect relationship but after I clicked on the telescope tab at the bottom I saw the information transit time appear in the docking module at the top of my screen…

Weird. Are you using a remote desktop application or a virtual machine?