Rotating image under plate solve

Hello,

I am not sure what is happening here but when I try to plate solve with my rotator, SGpro takes an image in the middle of rotating. The result is that the plate solver is trying to plate solve and image with star streaks across the image and it obviously fails.

I have not found anything in setting where I can prevent this for happening.

I use Arco3 rotator

Time was around 22.25 I believe

Kind regards

Roger

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 4.1.0.765 (64-bit)
.NET: 4.8
ASCOM: 6.6.0.3444

It’s not clear to me what’s happening because we only have SGPro’s side of the story, but we don’t know what’s happening on the rotator. Even just ASCOM trace logs enabled for the rotator would be sufficient.

What we know from SGPro logs:

• Plate solve of M97 is successful and yields a sky (target) angle of 53 deg EON
  • We sync the rotator to this position. The rotator reports a mechanical angle of -180 deg giving us a mechanical to sky offset of 232 deg (of note… this is not a legal position fir the rotator… it must be between 0 and 360, but does not seem to be part of the problem in this case)
  • Your sequence requests a target (sky) angle of 0 deg and the shortest distance to the desired angle is a rotation of 53 deg CCW (SGPro does not decide this).
  • SGPro starts rotation to 0 deg sky which translates to a mechanical position of -232 deg (0 - 232). Normalized, this comes to 128 deg.
  • SGPro tells rotator to move to a mechanical position of 128 deg (this is approx 53 deg CCW as we calculated in step 3)
  • Seven seconds passes and the rotator reports it is complete at a position of -172 deg (again, not a valid position)

In summary, we can see several issues here… none of which SGPro can correct:

• Rotator reports invalid positions (by the ASCOM spec all positions must be between 0 and 360 not including 360)
  • SGPro asked the rotator to move to a mechanical position of ~128 deg and the rotator, after the move is complete reports it is at position -172 (again, out of spec)… normalized, the rotator moves to position 188 deg instead of 128.
  • Finally, SGPro waited seven seconds between 22:25:01.890 and 22:25:08.869 for the rotator to report that it was done moving. SGPro proceeded to start the next plate solve frame at 22:25:10.061 well after the time the rotator reported was safe. If the rotator was actually still moving SGPro does not have any idea that this is true.

Feel free to share this post with PL… maybe they can help us understand what is happening.