Safety Monitor Active only when the Dome/Roof is open?

I’m operating remotely again and I’ve noticed an annoying problem I’m hoping is easily fixed. When i hit ‘Run Sequence’ it starts the Safety Monitor. If it triggers a safety event, it kills the sequence and parks it even if the sequence hasn’t started and the roof isn’t open. My request would be to add in a check for the safety monitor if the roof/shutter is open or if the event has started. If it hasn’t, ignore it. If it has, operate normally and shut down. It would probably be a good idea to check just prior to opening the roof for the first time too.

This would let me start a sequence early in the day when I won’t be back to a computer for 24 hours and would like to image, but can’t guarantee that the weather will meet my safety triggers throughout the day.

I agree with the same request, I had several nights ruined for failing opening the dome / shutter, I hope it is not complicated to add a a tag that takes account of a failed device.

1 Like

I have the same issue to deal with. I frequently need to start a night’s sequence early in the day, with the first target set to Start at dark. The weather earlier in the day is not relevant, but the safety monitor kicks in immediately.
@mads0100 suggestion would be perfect. Also closely related to another feature request to restart the sequence in the recovery mode if the weather clears.

1 Like

Adding this to the 2.4.X life cycle because “I think” it is an easy adjustment. If it is not, it will get the boot to 2.5.