Scheduled start/end says 'yesterday' instead of 'today'

This morning around 8am I was trying to set a schedule to run starting at 6pm and ending at 9pm for a target that’s rapidly leaving my backyard’s viewable area… I kept having an issue where it would never say ‘today’ and I got an exclamation point in a circle above the inputs. It’s there a time limit for how far in advance I can schedule something? The sequence was in progress and I did try resetting it as well as toggling the lock icon next to the schedule inputs.

Many thanks,
Mathew

Hi there,

We will need more information to be able to help. Please send us logs, SGPro and OS versions and we’ll take a look.

More information here How to Submit Logs in SGPro - SGPro Support - Main Sequence Software

Support requests go in this category #sequence-generator:sgpro-support

I believe this bug appears if one tries to do changes before 12.00

I don’t think it is a bug as such…just that many moons ago it was settled that SGP 24 hour clock runs from midday to midday…if I remember correctly.

It is tough to infer dates based on time of day… SGPro usually makes the right decision, but having a set of rules that satisfies all conditions is probably not realistic. We should probably just allow the “today / tomorrow” value to be overridden.

Ah that would be excellent - I figured it was a case of me using it wrong.

In the meantime - is there a way to bootstrap sequence running via script or command-line parameter? I could just not put any time limits on it and just run a scheduled task that can kick off the app whenever I want it to start. There would probably need to be a way to automatically connect to my devices though.

I just had a surprise when I got home tonight - apparently I left the sequence running and the schedule flipped over to ‘tonight’ later on in the day. When I got home the scope was positioned appropriately, albeit with a sheet over it still. I guess I should ignore the “yesterday” designation when using scheduling since it will correct itself later on?