Scipt question

Hello,
I have a box (MGPbox) that sends a short 2 second pulse to my mount to shut it down (or start). The documentation for the MGPbox indicates this pulse can be sent via a command line:
MGBox.exe -P COM48 -T 1500 (with COM48 replaced by the correct COM).
Could this be used at the end of a sequence as a script, once end of script events have concluded (such as parking the mount)?
Looking at scripts, you cannot directly enter the above text, you can only point to a file. So would I need to create a batch file with the above command ?
Is there anything I may need to do to get to work as a script in sgpro ?
Thank you

Anyone with some scripting experience ?

Well, then a different question for the SGPro developers.
How do I make sure a script that shut down the mount only runs after my mount has parked the scope ?

1. My profile is set with Park telescope at end of sequence. Will the script that triggers at the end of the last event be triggered before or after my mount has parked ?
  2. Does it make a difference if I also click on Park My Mount as part of the setting for that last event ?
  3. Is there anyway to ensure that such a script only runs after my mount has parked.
    Thank you

So I thought subscription provided some form of improved support. I can test my equipment right now because if Covid si would have appreciated some response. Thanks.

One way you can do this is to configure the Post-Event options on the last event (or make a general last even like take 1 bias frame. For the each event there is a gear icon, click that and on the right side is the post event. There you can run a VBS or EXE there.

Thanks. I had thought about that option and it seems there is no better alternative - related to end of sequence options. Thanks for the feedback.

another possibility, depending on how this mount is situated, is to have a physical switch at the park position send the pulse? In my obsy, I have optical proximity switches to indicate safe to close conditions, that could feed a good old 555 chip to make a pulse.

It will happen after your mount parks.

No

you could check for this in your script by connecting to your telescope and checking if the scope is parked and then continuing on. If you want to trust SGP to do this you can skip this portion and just create a .bat file with the commands from your first post and have SGP execute that on sequence end.

Jared

Thank you.