Sequence finishes at once

Hi,
I am contemplating switching from Maxim to SGPro, so downloaded the trial version.
I have connected all my equipment and set up a profile, and it seems to work. However, the weather is bad here, so I cannot try it for real, so I just tried to set up a sequence and run it.

I have not done anything specific about the target, it just is “Target 1” (with a checkmark next to it), there is one event, which has check mark in “Run”, is type “Light” with filter “L” Suffix “L”, Exposure 5, Bin “1x1” and Repeat 5. Progress says 0 of 6 and Sequence status says that time remaining is 30, elapsed 0.

When I press “Run Sequence”, then it almost immediately pops up with “Sequence Complete”, however progress still is 0 of 6…

What am I doing wrong? Its probably something obvious, but I just cannot figure out what.

Helge

@helgeras

Welcome.

It’s hard to tell without something we can take a look at. Nothing you typed sounds terrible. The sequence file (sgf) would give us an answer pretty quickly.

Ken

Hi, thanks for answering.

I have included the sequence file (renamed to end in .txt to be able to upload):. Target 1.sgf.txt (35.1 KB)

and a screenshot:

Helge

Just in case the sgf file was garbled when uploaded as text…
Here is a link to the file on my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Z-auhaXe2lemZlUEV5X3VpYzg/view?usp=sharing

Helge

@helgeras

It seems like you have the PHD2 guider selected, but SGPro cannot find it (you may need to set the PHD2 location in the guider settings). SGPro fails to start the guider and ends the sequence. That said, when I ran your sequence it took about 20 seconds to fail. Yours fails immediately?

Hi Ken,
Ok, if I do not configure a guider, then it works.

The Path to PHD2 seemed to be ok, at least PHD2 starts if I press Connect in “PHD2 Connection Settings” in the control panel. (A strange thing here is that it disconnects from the guide camera if pressing connect when already connected, guess that is a small bug).

I cannot guide for real since I am just sitting in my living room though, could that be the reason the sequence just wont start?

Anyway, it looks like my problem was that SGPro silently fails when it cannot guide.

I will play with it some more and hope for good weather within the next 40 days, Weather can be difficult in Denmark :slight_smile:

Helge

Btw it took SGPro about 5 seconds to fail on my very very slow low power pc, nothing near the 20 you saw. As a reference, I think it takes about 20 seconds to load a sequence from disk.

Almost certainly.

Right. I have added this specific failure to the sequence notifications. SGPro will never display a modal error during sequence execution so you will need to check the notifications to see what happened (this is true for almost all sequence errors).