SG pro not showing ZWO ASi6200 offset value

I have been a long time user of Sky X (using Mac) but decided to switched to SG pro given software bisque’s really poor support. I have set up a windows notebook and loaded the ASCOM drivers covering the ZWO camera and filter wheel, but when I take an image the fits header does not include the camera offset. If I use the ZWO driver the offset is included in the fits but I don’t get an image, all pixels read 0 ! Both ASCOM ASI and ZWO drivers clearly show the offset value, but SG (4.0.0.680) does not seem to get the value. For example in view/control panel /camera the offset box is grayed out and says ‘not set’, but when I press settings from the exact same menu the offset is clearly shown. My camera is ASI6200M.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?

Which camera version of the ASCOM camera driver are you using?

Bernd

This has been a long-running issue with the ZWO ASCOM driver, and I’m pretty sure that ZWO Support acknowledged on their own forum that the driver was the problem and that it would be fixed - that was with driver version 6.5.1.8 and yet with the newest version, 6.5.1.9, the problem still seems to be there. I have an ASI294MC-Pro and an ASI183MC-Pro, so I don’t rely on features in more recent updates, and I’ve been able to go back to driver version 6.5.1.5 where offset could be set in SGPro (through the ASCOM driver) rather than just being greyed out or N/A, and it would be reported correctly in the FITS header - that may not be possible though with a newer camera like the ASI6200M.

Thank you for quick replies, did not realize this was an ongoing issue, I am using v6.5.1.9. I added a post to the zwo website confirming the offset issue. Also noticed a post from tech.zwo, Sept 8th saying ‘We are going to communicate with SGP about this issue’. Hopefully both can agree on a fix.

I reverted to the ASCOM camera driver v6.5.1.5, and offset worked, see post Unable to set Offset in event settings via ASCOM (ASI 2600MM Pro) - #6 by bulrichl

Bernd

Thank you Bernd. I have been looking for ASCOM camera driver v6.5.1.5 for download without success, is there a web site which holds superseded drivers ? I guess its good practice to keep past drivers should the newer versions have issues. I leaned from my bad experience with SKY X to never update their software unless there is a problem with the currently used program.

Here it is: Latest ZWO ASCOM driver isn't supporting offset correctly - ZWO User Forum

Bernd

I managed to download the old zwo driver v6.5.1.5 and after several attempts (final attempt removed and reinstalled all ASCOM and zwo software) I managed to get an image with the correct fits header with offset values. Thank you Bernd for you help. Sure hope the rest of my equipment connects without such issues.
I do like the look of SGP, sky x pro has quite an old interface in comparison, but would hope SGP (regardless of fault) can work with ZWO to fix this issue. I did not see any warnings when purchasing SGP that it will would not work with ZWO camera’s (at least the ASI6200M). I’m hoping SGP support will be better than Software Bisque, although that’s not much of a standard bearer.