SGP and Park position

*Having an issue with Sequence Generator Pro and End of Sequence Park. For some reason that I have as yet to figure out, when SGP sends the park command to the mount via EQMOD at the End of Sequence, the mount parks itself pointing South at 42 degrees altitude instead of North 42 degrees (NCP my location). EQMOD flashes mount is parked, if I simply click the unpark button and immediately click the button to park, the mount slews to the North and parks pointing correctly at NCP. When EQMOD is used in conjunction with Carte Du Ceil alone to control the mount, it Parks itself pointing to NCP without problem. SGP does not have any problems accurately slewing to targets. I have checked user defined location in SGP and it is correct, Epoch settings are the same across CDC and EQMOD platforms. Made sure EQMOD set to Dialog not Append on Sync. This issue may have been going on for some time since I babysit the rig and until recently always aborted the End of Sequence action to park and manually parked the mount. I am now trying to achieve greater automation and this came to light. I know that SGP simply sends a park command to EQMOD and EQMOD should do the rest not SGP, but EQMOD seems to be working correctly. My mount is a Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro, I am running the current EQMOD platform, ASCOM driver for mount and SGP. Any insight would be most appreciated.

When SGP sends a park command it is via ASCOM, and to my knowledge it sends it to the park position defined within the ASCOM driver, not the position defined in EQMOD. The EQMOD park positions are internal to EQMOD. To set the ASCOM park position you can click “Set Park” in the “Telescope” tab in the SGP “Control panel”. This has been discussed several times in this forum, see here for instance: Park at end of sequence with EQMOD

However, as I understand it CdC should park the same as SGP, if the park is issued via ASCOM, so that is strange to me. Try to set the park position pointing to NCP using “Set Park” in SGP, and then click “Park” in the same tab to see where it goes.

Mikael

You are exactly right. After more trial and error and some help along the way the issue was solved by the method you described. The issue arose as a result of my incomplete understanding of the relationship between ascom, eqmod and sgp. Many thanks.